Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Morton supporting mate has suggested we actually cannot win this the game at all despite being the form team in the league. His over confidence was incredible.

I think it could go either way but if I had a bet it would be

Morton 1 St Mirren 3

8 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

It does when every time Forbes plays poorly they struggle/fail to win.

It is no coincidence that he was shite against us and Hibs and didn't play against Dumbarton, Morton picked up 1 point from those 3 games. They also sit 7th in the form table.

Unless they just totally bircked it as soon as they got a sniff of something decent and swiftly reminded themselves that they are, and forever will be, mediocre.

Forbes played well away to Hibs and we absolutely deserved a point that night. Everyone had an off day against Dunfermline as we were as poor as I've seen all season and on Saturday against Dumbarton we did everything but score. Forbes was only on the pitch for 20 minutes too. 

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Forbes played well away to Hibs and we absolutely deserved a point that night. Everyone had an off day against Dunfermline as we were as poor as I've seen all season and on Saturday against Dumbarton we did everything but score. Forbes was only on the pitch for 20 minutes too. 

Played well but failed to do his 1 job v Hibs, ok m9, shite against us as i said and shite/missing against Dumbarton.

So...when he isn't there or he plays shite, morton lose or draw...like I said?

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Played well but failed to do his 1 job v Hibs, ok m9, shite against us as i said and shite/missing against Dumbarton.

So...when he isn't there or he plays shite, morton lose or draw...like I said?

How did he fail to do his job against Hibs? 

On another day against Dumbarton we'd have won by 2/3 goals. Just wasn't our day and luck wasn't in our side and even Dumbarton fans said they got lucky. 

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

It's almost certainly just a blip.

I can't work out if I want you to lose against Hibs or not :lol:

Win and you've gained confidence and could be back on a roll. Lose and your confidence will be hit (and it'll be funnier), but I feel like you'd be more likely to beat us.

Just now, Scosha said:

How did he fail to do his job against Hibs? 

On another day against Dumbarton we'd have won by 2/3 goals. Just wasn't our day and luck wasn't in our side and even Dumbarton fans said they got lucky. 

His job is to create goals, which he failed to do, in any of the games.

It wasn't another day though, it was Saturday, and you lost by 1 goal, scoring none.

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's almost certainly just a blip.

I can't work out if I want you to lose against Hibs or not :lol:

Win and you've gained confidence and could be back on a roll. Lose and your confidence will be hit (and it'll be funnier), but I feel like you'd be more likely to beat us.

Form goes out the window for derbies. I think you'll win it :(

2 hours ago, Kingston Bud said:

My Morton supporting mate has suggested we actually cannot win this the game at all despite being the form team in the league. His over confidence was incredible.

I think it could go either way but if I had a bet it would be

Morton 1 St Mirren 3

As previously mentioned, your over confidence will be your down fall. 

The game has draw all over it. We've hit a bad patch, but seem to pick ourselves up for "big" games, whereas form is with the paisley unwashed. 

Would be nice to see shankland get the winner though, he's pish though so he won't.

His job is to create goals, which he failed to do, in any of the games.
It wasn't another day though, it was Saturday, and you lost by 1 goal, scoring none.

It's also the wingers job to create chances, why are you singling out Forbes? Still raging we swapped him for Barrowman?

The reason we're going through a bit of a blip is because we don't have a good fit striker, we're creating chances but don't have anyone up front to put them away.

Gary Oliver is just back from a couple of months out and Jai Quitongo is still out and has been since the game at your place last year.

Archived