Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

34 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Of course it would, but it's the classic 'one game at a time' thing: it has far more to do with the order in which that games are taking place.

You're a (much) closer rival atm, so would be good to haul you in, and three points at the weekend would relieve some pressure. A draw or loss against you and we head into the derby match under almost intolerable pressure levels.

As for the actual game, I said on a different thread I'd take a draw, and I'm sticking by that. The thing is, we've won three in a row. We never win four in a row, and definitely not five, so given Davis and Morgan are out, I'd bite your hand off for a point, no more injuries, and be happy that the c***s can't relegate us no matter how  results go between now and then.

28 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Pretty much what Coventry Saint said.. Dumbarton will still be very much in the relegation battle if we beat them and the more teams we have the opportunity to overtake the better so it's still a 6 pointer. The Morton game is a game in hand so a draw would still be a point gained on everyone.

Aye, fair points. I'm hoping some of your team have one eye on the derby though.

24 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

They're just being realistic, Moonster. They know there's no chance of them beating Morton.

Good luck on Saturday! It would be funny if the skunks pummeled Dumbarton for 90 minutes, without scoring, and Dumbarton were to be awarded a stoppage time penalty, for a blatant dive by Thomson, winning 0-1.

We've only had 1 victory away from home this season in which we've kept a clean sheet, a 1-0 win against St Mirren. I would happily take your above situation.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Even tho Morton supporters are having the best time of their lives, their team are still struggling to topple a Bairns side who are having a bang average season.

Grim.

Pumped you on your own patch & have a game in hand.

Swing & a miss etc.

After the past few weeks I can't see us winning this. St.Mirren fighting and toppling teams at times, we've been running out of steam it seems with no real cutting edge up front.

Shame I'm going to miss the last Renfrewshire Derby in many a year to come as St.Mirren toil with Albion Rovers and Queens Park.

Also I can picture it now.

The teams come out. The floodlights go off. There's silence in the stadium. Then bang, the lights are back on and Quitongo is on the pitch about to take kick off as the crowd go fucking mental.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, fair points. I'm hoping some of your team have one eye on the derby though.

We've only had 1 victory away from home this season in which we've kept a clean sheet, a 1-0 win against St Mirren. I would happily take your above situation.

You should've been embarrassed to take the points that day.anyway Fleming won't be there on Saturday 

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Skunks to win, Morton's one trick has stopped working.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Score goals from set pieces

Does scoring from set pieces really count as a trick? :lol:

28 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Does scoring from set pieces really count as a trick? :lol:

It does when every time Forbes plays poorly they struggle/fail to win.

It is no coincidence that he was shite against us and Hibs and didn't play against Dumbarton, Morton picked up 1 point from those 3 games. They also sit 7th in the form table.

Unless they just totally bircked it as soon as they got a sniff of something decent and swiftly reminded themselves that they are, and forever will be, mediocre.

Archived