Airdrie vs Brechin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, waysider said:

I don't say this lightly but Mensing has been such a disappointment that I'd give Bo another try.

Personally I agree with you, at least there is potentially a scrap of hope that Big Bo could get better with time and with a solid defender next to him even become an 'ok' defender, where as Mensing is only going to keep on getting worse. Having said that I won't be overly gutted to see the back of any of our CB's come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Personally I agree with you, at least there is potentially a scrap of hope that Big Bo could get better with time and with a solid defender next to him even become an 'ok' defender, where as Mensing is only going to keep on getting worse. Having said that I won't be overly gutted to see the back of any of our CB's come the end of the season.

Sorry but the Bo joke got out of hand.   He's a really nice big guy but by the time of his sending off at Stenny he'd been targetted. 

We do have a young lad called Jordan McGregor though who isn't perfect - his poor effort at Livvy's third a few weeks ago - but he's really big,  is out of contract at Hamilton next month, and may be available to us.   He's made some mistakes, no doubt, but far fewer than the untouchable Mensing.   

With Stewart and McIntosh looking extremely comfy at wingbacks,  the midfield trio of Hutton, Conroy and Leitch thriving,  and even Russell having fun playing as a 2nd striker beside chucky,  wouldn't it be good to team young McGregor up with McIntosh and Gorman in the heart of our defence and see if we have something to work on going forward, especially with the catologue of mistakes that Mensing has continued to throw up?

I for one haven't lost interest, just trying to make use of my golf membership. I think this highlights one of the drawbacks that summer football would bring.  With the better weather, some  people have other pursuits and commitments. 

I always try to get to at least one away game every month. Kinda have to pick and choose due to work and other commitments. The choice this month was a ground where we struggle or one where we do no bad.
Given the chance I'd be at every away game no matter how the team plays.

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You're right. I'm sure there was a rational explanation for wanting a child to be sacked from a job you don't get paid for.

Even volunteers are expected to behave in a respectable manner whilst representing their club in full view of the general public , no matter their age.  

In my day kids were told when they have overstepped the mark and were punished by not being allowed back in instances like these.  Just a pity it is now frowned upon to tell a kid they are wrong.  Society is bonkers. 

Even volunteers are expected to behave in a respectable manner whilst representing their club in full view of the general public , no matter their age.  
In my day kids were told when they have overstepped the mark and were punished by not being allowed back in instances like these.  Just a pity it is now frowned upon to tell a kid they are wrong.  Society is bonkers. 

And I imagine that someone with a serious disposition has in fact told him that he was wrong. Remember he was removed immediately after the incident. And that's where it should end, not with people who have clearly not made any mistakes in their life crying for him to be sacked.

Meanwhile the rest of us who do have a sense of humour and remember a time before fitba became such a serious business can actually have a laugh about it. Maybe you could all trying going to watch spelling bee's or suchlike where I'm sure being prim is held in high regard.

7 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

And I imagine that someone with a serious disposition has in fact told him that he was wrong. Remember he was removed immediately after the incident. And that's where it should end, not with people who have clearly not made any mistakes in their life crying for him to be sacked.

Meanwhile the rest of us who do have a sense of humour and remember a time before fitba became such a serious business can actually have a laugh about it. Maybe you could all trying going to watch spelling bee's or suchlike where I'm sure being prim is held in high regard.

Fair point. I was merely giving a logical reply to an illogical Pars fan who for some reason has decided to use abuse as some form of debate.

Archived