MLB 2017

BerwickMad

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

Watching in the UK, the best team to follow is the Cubs. Mainly for practical reasons - the Cubs play more day/afternoon games than anybody else, so more Cubs games are going on in normal UK evening time than any other team. Just makes following them a lot easier and involve a lot less late nights.

Of course, the Cubs are successful now so jumping on will seem like the worst kind of gloryhunting :P

Some of us have followed them for 20 years :(

ETA: the rest is true though. It is very convenient following a team who play so many afternoon games.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I really hate the Royals because 3 years ago I was walking through Disney wearing a giants tshirt and I think the Royals were 2:0 up in the world series, the guy started shouting abuse at me was utterly heads gone mental. Hated them ever since. lol.
Was great seeing the Yankees gub them last april.

Haha, as good a reason as any I suppose. I must admit I cannot hate the Royals simply because hearing the name Ned Yost always makes me laugh. The name sounds like a minor character from Seinfeld.

Jeremy Guthrie now sporting an ERA of 135 and I've not missed out a decimal point. And it's his birthday :lol: 

Go Phils. 12 run first inning. They'll still lose.

I was at the Oriels / Yankees game on Friday. Couple of good hits but the Yankees looked pretty lacking. Oriels were great and looks like it was the same deal on Saturday.

Aside from that, I'd really recommend attending a game at Camden Yards. Just a magic experience and as much as I love the Tigers and Tigers Field, Baltimore did more with a third full stadium than anywhere I've ever been part of, including Fenway and the old Yankee Stadium. Plus driving in Baltimore is pretty easy. Do it.

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Owned by Pineda last night tho

Pineda is a mystery to me. Looks like he should be unstoppable at times, but completely falls apart at others. His remarkable splits from last year seem to show he just couldn't get the 3rd out of an inning:

With no outs - hitters hit .234/.284/.403 against him

With 1 out  - hitters hit .231/.292/.370 against him

With 2 outs  - hitters hit .325/.383/.598 against him!!!! 

Honestly not sure how that big a difference is even possible.

Watched the Orioles @ Blue Jays tonight. Finished 2-1 to the Orioles. I quite like a well pitched defensive battle. Blue Jays will kicking themselves that they didn't at least tie the game in the 9th. 1 out and men on 2nd & 3rd. Couldn't get the run across.

Archived