MLB 2017

BerwickMad

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised at Girardi getting the tin tack given how promising their farm is looking.

I thought teams weren’t allowed to make announcements like this during the World Series?

I’m also pretty surprised. He’ll catch on somewhere else soon enough.

Pretty happy with an Astros win - they beat the Red-Sox, Yankees and Dodgers to get it done i.e. the 3 highest payroll teams in baseball. Feel a bit sorry for Kershaw not getting a ring though. Could end up being one of the greatest pitchers ever without winning the whole thing.

Given Kershaw was obviously happy to throw 4 innings last night - why didn't they let him start the game? Darvish had already crapped the bed before Kershaw got involved, so why not play your ace from the start and see how long he can last?

1 hour ago, SamuraiJock said:

Pretty happy with an Astros win - they beat the Red-Sox, Yankees and Dodgers to get it done i.e. the 3 highest payroll teams in baseball. Feel a bit sorry for Kershaw not getting a ring though. Could end up being one of the greatest pitchers ever without winning the whole thing.

Given Kershaw was obviously happy to throw 4 innings last night - why didn't they let him start the game? Darvish had already crapped the bed before Kershaw got involved, so why not play your ace from the start and see how long he can last?

The statistics show that pitchers on short rest are generally less effective. Ideally they wouldn't have needed to go to Kershaw but Darvish not lasting two innings kind of forced their hand.

Overall I enjoyed this series. The key for me were the Number 3 starters. Darvish was very poor twice and while Lance McCullers wasn't great  he was a bit better

Was absolutely devastated when I heard the news yesterday. Halladay has always been a hero of mine and I couldn't have been happier when he signed for the Phillies.
Really emotional listening to 975 The Fanatic yesterday and today with no end of heart wrenching strories from callers. I have signed baseball that will be even more special now.
An absolutely amazing guy and an outrageously talented pitcher. He's the type that every sportsman should aspire to be. A real loss to the world.

RIP Doc

6b596201c0263715f73da8771837a6e2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived