Saints vs Hearts

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Only reason to appeal would be purely to have foster at right back otherwise we are very short at the back

Smith deserves his chance based on he never hit any teammates and was absolutely fine in everything he did yesterday. f**k foster. Mannus deserves a run in the team too.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not particularly looking forward to this with our run of form but if we can't get a reaction here I'd sell everyone.  

If we turn up and compete with the same intensity we showed in the first half hour yesterday we have a good chance of getting a result.  If we play like the limp dicked saps we seen after half time we'll lose.

The jambos defence seems to be under the illusion they are Brazil or Barcelona, instead of sticking the laces through the ball and clearing their lines. If you pressure them at the back you get rewards. So 3-0 to hearts it is then.

Team needs the backing of the fans for this one. Saints should really be trying to build support for the game in the wake of Saturdays events. It's potentially the biggest game of te season, it could settle 4th. With the squad so depleted the club should be saying to the fans "move on from Saturday, come cheer the team on under the floodlights and let's go for Europe." Hearts will probably bring a decent support, we need to do the same.

Anderson seems to have picked up a different knock from the one that kept him out before the international break and there were fears he was 4-6 week job as well but Tommy Wright saying today that he is likely to be back for the weekend or Wednesday at push. The manager seems happy enough with Smith's performance though and I'd expect him to play against Hearts.

Personally I'd play Craig Thomson though.

Anderson will miss this, apparently, so Smith will start his first game (his first ever senior start aswell, I think)

St Johnstone are winning this, comfortably. Anyone thinking otherwise is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Hearts got a load of players who know they're getting booted in June and don't give a shit.

3 hours ago, JCR said:

St Johnstone are winning this, comfortably. Anyone thinking otherwise is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Hearts got a load of players who know they're getting booted in June and don't give a shit.

Archived