Central Scottish

If you were decent enough and got asked to sign would you? Surely anyone that plays football wants to play in the best sides and have that chance of winning trophy's

If I was good enough and got asked then the answer would be no. Obviously not good enough as I haven't been asked [emoji23]

I always thought amateur football was about playing with all your mates and if you are fortunate enough that you and your mates are good enough then yes win some trophies along the way but if not just knowing you all have each others backs. Then you will all be mates still in years to come and can look back on the memories together or am I now missing something. Have even amateur players all become glory hunters

If I was good enough and got asked then the answer would be no. Obviously not good enough as I haven't been asked [emoji23]

I always thought amateur football was about playing with all your mates and if you are fortunate enough that you and your mates are good enough then yes win some trophies along the way but if not just knowing you all have each others backs. Then you will all be mates still in years to come and can look back on the memories together or am I now missing something. Have even amateur players all become glory hunters

I was never good enough but surely you can see the appeal of the top amateur players to go and play with each other and compete for the majors every year?

On 05/04/2017 at 14:56, DavieGee16 said:

If I was good enough and got asked then the answer would be no. Obviously not good enough as I haven't been asked emoji23.png

Agreed. Amateur football is about the communities and everyone should play for their local team with their pals in my opinion. Guys travelling tens of miles a week to play amateur is embarrassing. 

10 hours ago, Ped said:

Most teams travel miles for games dont see problem with players doing it to play for teams

Not got a gripe with players traveling miles to play for any club that's their prerogative. But I don't know many teams that travel miles to play their home games. Away games you have to travel but I think the point the op was making was these boys travel a vast distance a couple of times a week tobtrain and play. Can hardly compare that to a team having to play an away game every couple of weeks.

Archived