The Robert Burns Derby

Guest Flash

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Can't remember but was it not open for them last time. Never really noticed but I presumed it was.

It was, but they seem to be stopping teams going there now, Clyde/Dumbarton/Falkirk (until stand was full) 

Should open both ends to home fans again.

Every game is a must win for us.

Club need to do everything they can. As does the support.

Players....now, where do I start. Can we please play a team that has something to play for!

The fans are invested for life, the manager is invested for as long as we will have him, the chairman is invested for as long as it takes for someone better to come along. The players? The ones who can actually make a difference, how are they invested?

Crunch time for them and we all need them to play their part, please!

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Should open both ends to home fans again.

Every game is a must win for us.

Club need to do everything they can. As does the support.

Players....now, where do I start. Can we please play a team that has something to play for!

The fans are invested for life, the manager is invested for as long as we will have him, the chairman is invested for as long as it takes for someone better to come along. The players? The ones who can actually make a difference, how are they invested?

Crunch time for them and we all need them to play their part, please!

I'm with this. We've been victim of this a few times in recent history. Loanee players who were talented but didn't have as much fight. 

Massive game for us and on paper one of the most winable games of the five left. A win or draw would almost certainly keep QOTS up so dont think it is fair to say they are playing for nothing although I'd be very, very surprised to see them in the bottom 2 regardless of the result on Saturday.

We simply must react after that inepet, embarrasing performance on Satururday or we could easilly be sitting bottom of the league come 4:45pm as I fully expect St.Mirren to turnover Dumbarton(although hoping for a draw).

Balatoni is out for this which is a massive blow for us as he has been my poty, not sure if we have anyone else missing.

I'd go:

Fleming

Boyle

Meggatt

McKenna

Devlin

McDaid

Cairney

Docherty

McGuffie

El Alagui

Moore

Subs- Hart, Murphy, Crawford, Rose,  Gilmour, Forrest, Harkins.

On 04/04/2017 at 10:56, callum-ayr said:

I would be very surprised if QOS fans are in the railway end.

On 04/04/2017 at 11:08, somerset_lad00 said:

Can't remember but was it not open for them last time. Never really noticed but I presumed it was.

Im pretty sure its been open every time we've been to Somerset.

Where will away fans be, if it isnt open?

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Im pretty sure its been open every time we've been to Somerset.

Where will away fans be, if it isnt open?

They've been putting the smaller away supports into the usual end of the Main Stand only recently. I've had no advice from Ayr though on whether or not it's open this weekend. It was definitely open for us last time though.

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They've been putting the smaller away supports into the usual end of the Main Stand only recently. I've had no advice from Ayr though on whether or not it's open this weekend. It was definitely open for us last time though.

Its not mentioned in the match preview on their website either

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/q-o-t-s-match-preview/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/were-fired-up-safety-fight-10178101

Them's fighting words from McCall. Actually feel a little bit optimistic for tomorrow after reading that, but then remember his penchant for bullshittery and my expectations go back to normal. A loss tomorrow and they would effectively need to beat Utd, Morton, and Hibs back to back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/were-fired-up-safety-fight-10178101
Them's fighting words from McCall. Actually feel a little bit optimistic for tomorrow after reading that, but then remember his penchant for bullshittery and my expectations go back to normal. A loss tomorrow and they would effectively need to beat Utd, Morton, and Hibs back to back.

3 wins would be more than enough to stay in the league, 2 might get 9th.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Ridiculously short odds on us for this game, according to the end of that article.  

Results in this division are almost completely unpredictable just now. Hopefully we can get a win here and if we play to a similar level as we did V Dundee Utd last week then I fancy us to be good enough to  take full points. If we drop our level of performance slightly however then it could be a struggle and it wouldn't be surprising if Ayr came out on top. Away game for Queens against a side needing points, I'll sit on the fence and put my hard-earned on a draw.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Gary Harkins is wonderful?  

Just spoken to Ops Manager Tracy at Somerset, always very informative.

Initially, the end terracing WILL NOT be open so it is the stand and enclosure.

However, if numbers increase then they will open it and we can transfer there.

FOR IT TO OPEN I WOULD SUGGEST GET IN THE GROUND AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND MAKE IT LOOK BUSY !

Archived