Morten vs The Champions elect

13 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

It's possibly a little bold as to say Hibs fans are as bad as Sevco fans. Although I'll allow it.

Ok maybe not quite as bad but they are getting worse over the years.

I remember back in the day when the CCS were at their peak. Not that I am condoning Casuals but they hated both the Glasgow clubs. To the point they used to go through there mob handed and into battle.

As time has went on the younger Hibs fans have totally bought into some sort of affiliation with Celtic and I just don't understand it.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember back in the day when the CCS were at their peak. Not that I am condoning Casuals but they hated both the Glasgow clubs. To the point they used to go through their mob handed and into battle.
As time has went on the younger Hibs fans have totally bought into some sort of affiliation with Celtic and I just don't understand it.

The affiliation has always been there mate, it's just that with the access to forums and social media etc, it's been thrust into the public eye. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I tend to look at Hibs and Glasgow Celtic Football Club as two of the same, six and two three's if you will. You then have Rangers, Hearts, Airdrie, Killie and Morton etc on the other side of the coin.

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

The affiliation has always been there mate, it's just that with the access to forums and social media etc, it's been thrust into the public eye. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I tend to look at Hibs and Glasgow Celtic Football Club as two of the same, six and two three's if you will. You then have Rangers, Hearts, Airdrie, Killie and Morton etc on the other side of the coin.

You really are a thick, bigoted twat. How sad!

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Not what I remember in the 80s and 90s mate. Still you are much closer to Hibs than me.

I just could not see some of the Hibs boys I knew supporting two teams.

You mention Rangers and Airdrie and I have seen that a lot. I am going to Scotland vs England game and expect to see that there. And not in a good way. Hearts and Killie to a lesser degree.

We're Morton like that with Rangers ?? Not seen that to be honest. Still I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

You really don't. 

I remember back in the day when the CCS were at their peak. Not that I am condoning Casuals but they hated both the Glasgow clubs. To the point they used to go through there mob handed and into battle.

Also I Appreciate the pint you're trying to make about the CCS n that but you don't have to tell the Hibs lads on here about going through mob handed to Glasgow as we were there, front and centre.

"From Motherwell to Aberdeen, from Brussels to Millwall. The rest I'll let rest"

CCS '84-93'

Not what I remember in the 80s and 90s mate. Still you are much closer to Hibs than me.
I just could not see some of the Hibs boys I knew supporting two teams.
You mention Rangers and Airdrie and I have seen that a lot. I am going to Scotland vs England game and expect to see that there. And not in a good way. Hearts and Killie to a lesser degree.
We're Morton like that with Rangers ?? Not seen that to be honest. Still I could be wrong.

I'm maybe being harsh with regards to Morton as I do like them as a club, I've said as much on this very thread, but they play in white and blue, sing hullo hullo, we are the boys in royal blue etc. I've been brought up to consider that as Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

You really are a thick, bigoted twat. How sad!

The Hibernian warrior poets are often challenged on our beliefs and you can be sure the lads will provide a considered, eloquent...even inspiring account of our way of life.

When you see the kind of thoughtless, angry contributions like the one above, it's hard to imagine we would be considered the bigots here.

2 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Also I Appreciate the pint you're trying to make about the CCS n that but you don't have to tell the Hibs lads on here about going through mob handed to Glasgow as we were there, front and centre.

"From Motherwell to Aberdeen, from Brussels to Millwall. The rest I'll let rest"

CCS '84-93'

Aye I totally get that. And totally respect it.

I just think that those boys were close cos they were from Drylaw , Muirhoose etc. Not cos of religion.

Who mentioned religion?

I'm as atheist as they come but when I see my family's homeland under occupation, or Rangers/Falkirk/Morton types blight modern Scotland with their backwards ways, it strengthens my resolve to strive for a better world.

Aye I totally get that. And totally respect it.
I just think that those boys were close cos they were from Drylaw , Muirhoose etc. Not cos of religion.

To be fair mate religion never came into it for most of the lads(including me) but there were a few lads who were into it.

2 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

To be fair mate religion never came into it for most of the lads(including me) but there were a few lads who were into it.

I totally get that. And I know the reason behind the split in the 90s and the move to Man Utd and later Pataya.

It was some scene back then though mate.

5 minutes ago, Green Teeth said:

It's because you're thick as mince and don't understand that it's all a fucking wind-up.

Genuinely stunned that you haven't figured it out.

edit: That goes for you too The Goon and tetragammonton

I'm facepalming reading the lot of your posts. Thick as two planks of wood all of you. 

I have no idea what you're talking about, tbqh.

I totally get that. And I know the reason behind the split in the 90s and the move to Man Utd and later Pataya.
It was some scene back then though mate.

It was some laugh mate, it really was. That's not to condone it as it was stupid looking back but the youth of today won't understand what it was like back then. The Scottish national firm never appealed to me whatsoever, couldn't fathom the thinking behind it at all.

Archived