St Mirren v Dumbarton 8th April 2017

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I didn't think Carswell was all that bad for us. Earlier on in the season I'd have happily had him back.

It's hard to judge when the whole team was vastly under performing, or maybe the whole team was just that bad.

I'd have taken him back ahead of Kyle Hutton aye but again that's not to say Carswell would have been any good for us either.

Anyway I wouldn't swap Tap Bin McGinn for any other midfielder in the league, not even the meatball. Mallan & Magennis performing much better beside him too, just hope we see Morgan again soon.

It's hard to judge when the whole team was vastly under performing, or maybe the whole team was just that bad.
I'd have taken him back ahead of Kyle Hutton aye but again that's not to say Carswell would have been any good for us either.
Anyway I wouldn't swap Tap Bin McGinn for any other midfielder in the league, not even the meatball. Mallan & Magennis performing much better beside him too, just hope we see Morgan again soon.

Aye, he wouldn't get a sniff now. But when we were playing every week with only Mallan and Hutton as our fit centre mids, Carswell would have been a welcome addition.

Another Rae failing, gets rid of (admittedly not great) players but didn't replace them with anyone - let alone anyone better.

Hope all you peasants enjoy the Bankhouse whilst some of us lord it up in hospitality. With drinks included may I add.

Run over at half time and I'll throw you some prawn sandwich scraps to soak up your cheap mead.

Was there on Saturday and didn't realise drinks were included!

Needless to say I ended up smashed [emoji3]

Please remember the clusterfuck Rae and Murray left us.Hail praise to our leader Jack Ross

We will be lucky to hold on to him once Dundee sack Hartley for example,or may include Dundee Utd.

Saints are in a financially strong position with money from wee Kyle and the televised cup tie also

Let the good times roll

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

Please remember the clusterfuck Rae and Murray left us.Hail praise to our leader Jack Ross

We will be lucky to hold on to him once Dundee sack Hartley for example,or may include Dundee Utd.

Saints are in a financially strong position with money from wee Kyle and the televised cup tie also

Let the good times roll

Dear Leader you say?....

Alan-Young-and-Alan-Jardine-800x597.jpg.cc46db8cf61631243fb29928307b49a7.jpgtmp_28653-north-korea-couple-kim-jong-un-ri-sol-ju-358326626.jpg.4f06a622f8e40854366073e3f4ebad25.jpg

21 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

No doubt you're the sort of guy who thought Barry Ferguson was a waste of a jersey as well for Scotland.

Carswell is nothing fancy, but he's a player who does a very difficult job that looks simple. I've a lot of time for players like that, and they're usually a nightmare to find - especially for clubs like ourselves.

Couldn't care less about pace or 30 defence splitters. Short, simple passes and retention of possession will do me just fine.

Nope.

Carswell was completely shite for us.

Like Hutton , I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I gave up, because they/he added nothing to the team.

I'm glad he's doing well for you.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Nope.

Carswell was completely shite for us.

Like Hutton , I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I gave up, because they/he added nothing to the team.

I'm glad he's doing well for you.

I actually thought towards the end of the season carswell done a decent job for us after a very poor start. He at least tried to give his all when in possession of the jersey. Hutton on the other hand is a quite horiffic excuse for a footballer.

On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 10:55, The Moonster said:

I assume the Bankhouse are fine with football colours? Or should I come casually dressed to ensure I get served a pint and don't get glassed from the Paisley loyal?

We are a friendly bunch you will have no problem wearing you colours . Punters will chat with you maybe even get you a pint. Oh hold on forget the last bit it's Paisley. Enjoy your day , not too much mind. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

We are a friendly bunch you will have no problem wearing you colours . Punters will chat with you maybe even get you a pint. Oh hold on forget the last bit it's Paisley. Enjoy your day , not too much mind. 

Cheers, I'm looking forward to it. And don't worry, Young gun is buying :thumsup2

Garry Fleming suspended and Mark Docherty being unwell are our only two missing by the looks of things (and Docherty might make it).  If I were Stevie, I'd line up:

Martin

Smith  --  Barr  --  Buchanan  --  Harvie

Carswell  --  McCrorie

Stirling  --  Vaughan  --  Thomson

Nade

I'd be equally as happy with Stanton in there which would mean McCrorie or Vaughan dropping out but after McCrorie's performances against Hibs and Morton he's quickly falling into the "undroppable" category and last weeks goal and MOTM award for Vaughan, that would be harsh on either player.

I think I might be in the minority regarding McCrorie but I remain unconvinced...

He breaks up play really well but I find that his distribution is often lacking. Too many stray passes and cheap gifting of possession during the Morton game IMO. For that reason I'd prefer Sparky in there but I'm more than happy to see McCrorie given a chance.

I thought Stirling and Berba were diddies so my judgement is questionable tbh.

I think I might be in the minority regarding McCrorie but I remain unconvinced...

He breaks up play really well but I find that his distribution is often lacking. Too many stray passes and cheap gifting of possession during the Morton game IMO. For that reason I'd prefer Sparky in there but I'm more than happy to see McCrorie given a chance.

I like sparky and think he's a good player but I think he's too slow to play next to Carswell. McCrorie is fast, powerful and defensively excellent, he also got the assist for Vaughan last week.

I like sparky and think he's a good player but I think he's too slow to play next to Carswell. McCrorie is fast, powerful and defensively excellent, he also got the assist for Vaughan last week.

I did appreciate the assist, I thought he done well for that but I felt a lot of the simple passes in the middle of the park went astray.

They are much of a muchness really, either of them can do a job in there. I think Docherty has had a good season in midfield, if he hadn't got that daft ban he'd probably still be in there.

Same lineup as much as possible for us, Stellios into midfield to replace Morgan and Irvine back in at right back.

O'Brien

Irvine--  Mckenzie  --  Baird  --  Eckersley

Maggenis-- McGinn  --  Mallan -- Demetriou

Smith  --  Loy

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McCrorie's mobility in there makes a huge difference IMO. I feel it lets Carswell sit a bit more, he knows McCrorie will charge around after the ball and he can sit back a bit. Not against Sparky playing there but I think McCrorie has earned his spot.

We need to get off the bottom by hook or crook by close of play Tuesday if we are going to give ourselves a chance.  Breaking this edge Dumbarton seem to have on us on Saturday would be the ideal way to do it.  7 games between us since the start of last season and we have only won 1 of them ffs :lol:

We should have enough about us to get the job done tomorrow.  Any time we've got within touching distance of 9th all season we've choked though, last month to Raith being the most recent example.   Would be hard to see a route to safety for us if we don't get the win tomorrow, especially when you look at the 5 games we have remaining after it.

Will go for a nervy 2-1.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

We need to get off the bottom by hook or crook by close of play Tuesday if we are going to give ourselves a chance.  Breaking this edge Dumbarton seem to have on us on Saturday would be the ideal way to do it.  7 games between us since the start of last season and we have only won 1 of them ffs :lol:

We should have enough about us to get the job done tomorrow.  Any time we've got within touching distance of 9th all season we've choked though, last month to Raith being the most recent example.   Would be hard to see a route to safety for us if we don't get the win tomorrow, especially when you look at the 5 games we have remaining after it.

Will go for a nervy 2-1.

We didn't 'choke' at QotS when we won 2-0, were off the bottom briefly and Ayr pulled a big win from the bag at Dunfermline. 

Archived