St Mirren v Dumbarton 8th April 2017

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

After that performance I'd rather see Ayr stay up - even with McCall as manager - than Dumbarton.

What was the goal celebration taunting the kids for? Not as if he or any other Dumbarton player was being given a hard time beforehand.

Same player I think then tries to mess up the penalty spot before it's taken. That, plus the long long protests***, then the announcer accidentally playing the goal music before the kick always meant Loy was going to miss.

Then after Stelios picks up a booking you could see they were targeting him for a second yellow.

Don't remember Dumbarton being particularly bad on the gamesmanship front in the past.

*** just to highlight how appalling the ref was, even after probably a 2 minute delay for the penalty, length delay after Dumbarton's goal, and Dumbarton time wasting throughout the half - he manages to stop for HT with 44:40 showing on the clock.

If you can't get the simple stuff right...

Lol.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After that performance I'd rather see Ayr stay up - even with McCall as manager - than Dumbarton.

What was the goal celebration taunting the kids for? Not as if he or any other Dumbarton player was being given a hard time beforehand.

Same player I think then tries to mess up the penalty spot before it's taken. That, plus the long long protests***, then the announcer accidentally playing the goal music before the kick always meant Loy was going to miss.

Then after Stelios picks up a booking you could see they were targeting him for a second yellow.

Don't remember Dumbarton being particularly bad on the gamesmanship front in the past.

*** just to highlight how appalling the ref was, even after probably a 2 minute delay for the penalty, length delay after Dumbarton's goal, and Dumbarton time wasting throughout the half - he manages to stop for HT with 44:40 showing on the clock.

1491669553597.jpg

Lol @ u

*Insert think of the children Gif here*

Edit: Oh aye, it was Daniel Harvie that scraped that spot. Not Vaughan. Salty tears > facts anyway.

I remember one of our fans hurling half a cheeseburger at Iain Russell when he ran to celebrate in front of our fans.

It was absolutely fantastic entertainment. Fully endorse any player trying to rustle opposition fans - even the weans.

A seagull dropped a sandwich that almost landed on Aitken's head after our goal today.

Ref was horrendous but he's not why we missed the penalty. Four games against Dumbarton and no wins is why we are where we are. Draw probably a fair result, just frustrating not to win when we had such a great chance to score just after conceding.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

A seagull dropped a sandwich they almost landed on Aitken's head after our goal today.

Ref was horrendous but he's not why we missed the penalty. Four games against Dumbarton and no wins is why we are where we are. Draw probably a fair result, just frustrating not to win when we had such a great chance to score just after conceding.

I seriously hope someone caught that on video :lol:

20 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

:thumsup2

So much wrong with this post.

Players can celebrate however they like.

Different player at the penalty spot, was quite childish how Loy went moaning to the ref to get him booked. Justice that the penalty was well saved.

Targeting Stelios? :lol: He was subbed minutes after he was booked because he was going to get himself sent off.

Gamesmanship... the amount of fouls St Mirren gave in the middle of the park was ridiculous. McGinn in particular must have been into double figures. Including one late in the game which potentially was a booking on its own. 

Serious question now, do you honestly think the ref made a difference to the result?

Credit to both sides for managing to give us an exciting game despite the abysmal referee.

Eckerly's first booking was a joke.linesman and Ref missed a skelp in the face from Thomson.

Sons were very good at stealing 10yards at throw in.

Otherwise a draw was the right result ,Sons are so hard to break down but I could sens a nervousness from Saints

Considering their recourses Atken has done exceptionally well and I've seen worse teams higher up the table. 

Anyone hear about the Sons Ultras today:whistle

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

Credit to both sides for managing to give us an exciting game despite the abysmal referee.

Eckerly's first booking was a joke.linesman and Ref missed a skelp in the face from Thomson.

Sons were very good at stealing 10yards at throw in.

Otherwise a draw was the right result ,Sons are so hard to break down but I could sens a nervousness from Saints

Considering their recourses Atken has done exceptionally well and I've seen worse teams higher up the table. 

Anyone hear about the Sons Ultras today:whistle

please - Castle Street Elite.

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Calimero2020.gif~c200It's an injustice it is............

We weren't anywhere near good enough to win, despite the missed penalty and better chances.

McGinn never played well today, which means the team didn't play well. He's so important to us now. Positive news is we're off the bottom for pretty much the first time this season.

3 points a must on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Different player at the penalty spot, was quite childish how Loy went moaning to the ref to get him booked.

Fouls are part of the game.

Digging up the penalty spot to affect the trajectory of the ball is not part of the game. If anything is childish it's that. I don't know if it is a booking or not but it sure as hell isn't fair game.

So much wrong with that post as you say.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Digging up the penalty spot to affect the trajectory of the ball is not part of the game. If anything is childish it's that. I don't know if it is a booking or not but it sure as hell isn't fair game.

Could he not have fixed it?

Just now, buddie06smfc said:

I couldn't care less to be brutally honest, and I dare say you'd feel the same if it was the other way round. 

Harvie's scraping his studs over the penalty spot had no impact on the penalty though, that's for sure. I would understand it if he had slipped, but he didn't. It was a tame penalty and very obvious where he was going from his body shape. Still a good save mind you.

6 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Players often make attempts to distract and put of players at penalties. The way some of your guys are going on he had a shovel on the pitch :lol:

A draw was the right result in the end I felt.

Neither team tested the 2 goalies much at all.

What was Eckersley's forst booking for. The boy played the ball and I followed the ball and missed what actually happened.

The ref was atricious. The worst decision was about 2 minutes after half time and he give us a free kick about 25 yards out when Stelios went down after barely being touched.

He blew his whistle every 30 seconds and completely slowed the game down. It wasn't an enjoyable game at all as a result.

Mallan and McGinn were very poor today I thought. 

I suppose it's inevitable that fans see things from their own team's point of view. In common with the Saints fans complaining here, I thought the ref was pretty shite too but probably for different reasons.

Pity Garry wasn't playing - it'd have been 1-2.

One victory in eight against the Sons - the seethe was palpable!

Archived