St Mirren v Dumbarton 8th April 2017

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Cheers, I'm looking forward to it. And don't worry, Young gun is buying :thumsup2

Garry Fleming suspended and Mark Docherty being unwell are our only two missing by the looks of things (and Docherty might make it).  If I were Stevie, I'd line up:

Martin

Smith  --  Barr  --  Buchanan  --  Harvie

Carswell  --  McCrorie

Stirling  --  Vaughan  --  Thomson

Nade

I'd be equally as happy with Stanton in there which would mean McCrorie or Vaughan dropping out but after McCrorie's performances against Hibs and Morton he's quickly falling into the "undroppable" category and last weeks goal and MOTM award for Vaughan, that would be harsh on either player.

I wouldnt be against that line up, but I'd possibly play Thomson up front and go with Vaughan and Stirling either side of Sam Stanton.

Stanton has done well when called on in recent games. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I wouldnt be against that line up, but I'd possibly play Thomson up front and go with Vaughan and Stirling either side of Sam Stanton.

Stanton has done well when called on in recent games. 

Wouldn't be against that either. 

As much as Vaughan took his goal well last week, I don't think he offers half as much as Stanton to the team. I kinda agree with BSF in that I would maybe just keep Nade on the bench from the beginning. Thommo has been in top form of late and think he done well up top last week. Which gives the option of Stirling and Vaughan starting. Nade would be a good option to bring on too.

I'd have Stanton over Vaughan, mcrorie may have lacked quality distribution, but only cos he was winning the ball with power and pace, Vaughan only got the motm last week for his goal. Stanton and mcrorie were my nominees. 

2-2 Stanton and nade 

4 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I'd have Stanton over Vaughan, mcrorie may have lacked quality distribution, but only cos he was winning the ball with power and pace, Vaughan only got the motm last week for his goal. Stanton and mcrorie were my nominees. 

2-2 Stanton and nade 

2-2 Stanton and Nade double, surely?

On the McCrorie debate, I agree with BBPF, he is a very good defender but his distribution was actually very poor last week (despite him getting the assist for the goal). But I do like what he offers in terms of breaking up play in a crucial area of the park.

Wouldn't be fussed either way who starts and who is on the bench - that is of course if Sparky is fit enough to play.

1 hour ago, shull said:

The Sons might have an off day. 

As Moonster points out, I wouldn't be a first...

My main worry is that this feels even more important than the Ayr game a couple of weeks ago. We simply didn't turn up that day. Just hope the team turn up today and fight for everything, because if we don't we could see another result like St Mirren got last week.

I'm on holiday and can't make the game. I see you can watch it live on St Mirren tv for 7 euros. Problem is you need to be outside the UK. I'm in the UK, I seen some chat on b&w army Twitter from folk that have watched it in UK, anyone any ideas how you can subscribe and watch it in uk?

3 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

I'm on holiday and can't make the game. I see you can watch it live on St Mirren tv for 7 euros. Problem is you need to be outside the UK. I'm in the UK, I seen some chat on b&w army Twitter from folk that have watched it in UK, anyone any ideas how you can subscribe and watch it in uk?

You need a free proxy/vpn like this. http://hola.org/ it works as an add on with Chrome. Make sure you choose a location outside the UK. If you have any trouble with it there are loads of others.

Archived