Dundee Utd v Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses

Both teams have horrendously slow defenders: you have to think the top league teams would take advantage of this. 

But mind, it's Scottish football we're looking at. 

On the game today, McKinnon lost the two points for United with his substitutions. 

Brainless.

Houston is a better manager at this level, but that's not saying much.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That out of sort hit a post.

Teams in this league can't handle him.

If he is fit he plays.

Make if happen Houston or expect the flack that should come your way.

Shepherd hit a post today........

As Ive said it should be Miller and/or Austin then Baird

Miller is still our best striker and Austin is the pretender to the throne as it stands

Baird has earned us 4 pts this season, which is a massive downfall from last season, whereas Bob has earned us zero points

Shepherd hit a post today........
As Ive said it should be Miller and/or Austin then Baird
Miller is still our best striker and Austin is the pretender to the throne as it stands
Baird has earned us 4 pts this season, which is a massive downfall from last season, whereas Bob has earned us zero points

Bell saved it, didn't hit the post

Shepherd definitely cracked the post. Bell was no where near it 

We were convinced he saved it with his foot. We thought it was a brilliant save TBH.

That out of sort hit a post.

Teams in this league can't handle him.

If he is fit he plays.

Make if happen Houston or expect the flack that should come your way.

As a fan of an opposition team, I can confirm I'd much rather avoid playing against Austin than Miller. He tore us to shreds and was very unlucky. He, Sibbald and Hippolyte would be automatic starters from the 5 games I've seen of Falkirk.

5 hours ago, Dens83 said:

Falkirk still the worst team I have seen at Tannadice this season

Depends on how many games you have been to but they are definitely not. The worst I have seen by some distance are Raith Rovers (a shout out to Ayr United too).

Reflecting on that yesterday I am even more angry at Houston having just read his post match comments. He set the team up and I would wager every Falkirk fan there knew what would happen. It would come back on top of the defence all the time because Baird and to a lesser extent McHugh can't hold it up. On top of that we go with a midfield that time and again has failed. Aird has given us balance and pace yet is left out to accommodate Kerr.

The minute it was changed you could see Dundee Utd defence drop off 10 yards as they were terrified of Austins pace in behind. That gave us more space and Sibbald started to dominate the game. Him and Leahy ran riot in the last 15 minutes tearing Murdoch apart.

I hope the penny has finally for Houston. Austin has to play. Taiwo has to play centrally and Baird needs to be sat on the bench. (He is a stubborn c**t though and don't be surprised if the same front line start again v St.Mirren)

A decent point yesterday but an opportunity missed to finish DU's chance of 2nd.

Shepherd definitely cracked the post. Bell was no where near it 

Just saw a clip on Facebook. It did hit the post, me and the guys around all though it had been a great save. Should have scored when you see it back.

38 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Depends on how many games you have been to but they are definitely not. The worst I have seen by some distance are Raith Rovers (a shout out to Ayr United too).

I think we at least deserve a podium place here, despite our astonishingly strong home record.

Nicholls a fault for the Falkirk goal. Watching it back this morning he totally lost his man and was too weak in the challenge. Yet again we let a set piece punish us.

Where are the highlights?

Think Austin proved that he's deserving of a start again. I don't particularly like us playing this cautious, direct style in games against the better sides in the league, but he's far better equipped for it than Baird and McHugh. Won plenty aerial duals with Edje and Durnan and threatened with his pace.

It wasn't all direct stuff when he came on, it certainly was before he did.

What he allows us it to do is get up the pitch and gives the midfield more space. We played some great stuff in the last 15 minutes on the deck. Look at the chance Shepard missed, the Durnan clearance, the chance that Grant put over the top and the Leahy shot. All created on the deck and getting down the flanks and crosses in. TBF on Shepherd his pace also caused them problems too.

Houston can f**k off for me if the penny doesn't drop after this. He cannot justify Baird playing in his current form. It was the same post Christmas last season

Archived