Favourite and worse junior football away ground

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont particularly dislike any ground but I was totally underwhelmed by the Show park east Kilbride. All on the flat and too far away from the pitch, car park an absolute pit.
Like going to Talbot, meadow park, Cumnock before the astro and pollok.
Went to Fauldhouse with my dad and uncle, must be about 25yrs ago and that was horrible.
Remember men fighting and people covered in blood. These things happen everywhere but as a wee guy, no good.

What's wrong with glenaftons park? [emoji33]

You have to enter New Cumnock to get to it?[emoji39]

As I mentioned previously, worst for me is Broxburn. Just an absolute hole of a place.

Favourite probably has to be Hill O' Beath's Kiers Park. Slight slope but a nice flat pitch and decent ground, albeit one Bo'ness don't often get a result! Along with Haddington, HOB's one of the few grounds I will maybe get something to eat. No a bad wee selection of decent grub.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You have to enter New Cumnock to get to it?emoji39.png

As I mentioned previously, worst for me is Broxburn. Just an absolute hole of a place.

Favourite probably has to be Hill O' Beath's Kiers Park. Slight slope but a nice flat pitch and decent ground, albeit one Bo'ness don't often get a result! Along with Haddington, HOB's one of the few grounds I will maybe get something to eat. No a bad wee selection of decent grub.

Went to a pre season friendly through in Haddington with Cambuslang Rangers a couple of years ago & the pies were like nothing I've tasted before. Absolutely beautiful , better than a 3 course meal. We won 4-3 , but the pie was the highlight of the day....

8)

Went to a pre season friendly through in Haddington with Cambuslang Rangers a couple of years ago & the pies were like nothing I've tasted before. Absolutely beautiful , better than a 3 course meal. We won 4-3 , but the pie was the highlight of the day....
8)

Aye, Haddington wins the grub awards in the East easily! [emoji106]

1 minute ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Aye its late that's ma excuse n a stand by it lol. Love visiting kilwinning aswell guid rangers toon and can bip 2 minutes down the road and donate a 5er tae william hill lol

:lol:....Big changes happenin' at Abbey Park,in the near future,bud! A new entrance,with disabled access at the Garnock River end,with new stand/shelters planned there,& at the 'away' side of the ground too. Future plans to do away with the portacabins,& a new "clubhouse" to be built......but that'll be a wee bit further down the line! ;):thumsup2

Lol stay at home with the feet up and await the highlights next time then bud :thumsup2

Lol , am digging a bigger hole for myself , i might not be allowed back , i might need to watch highlights , thats if we manage to get up a league that is ! Lol
Dunno how people don't like Perthshire ?
Great wee park .

I have enjoyed all the grounds we have visited, its not just about the grounds its about the people you meet and the welcome and hospitality you get.  Not had a bad experience yet also had a few good bowls of soup,  plates of stovies, 

Maryhill have a great ground. I'm very fond of Holm Park, though I'll admit to some bias there. I've not had the pleasure of being inside Kilsyth's ground for a game, but having passed by it numerous times it looks like a cracking old style stadium.

Archived