Troon sign Ryan Stevenson

Troon Portland

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will he fancy mixing it with Junior players on heavy parks while playing with teammates who are technically inferior to what he's used to? If he's like most of these guys he won't  and is just there to wring the last drops of cash from the game before properly retiring. 

I'd like to see him and other reasonably high profile ex-Seniors make a better impact at Junior level. Aye, they're most certainly only in it for short term cash but in their day they've been far above Junior level and could bring a lot of entertainment to Junior fans if they took it seriously.

Best of luck to Troon for showing a bit of ambition, hope it works out. 

Whitletts were very close to signing Stevenson. Only things that let us down were, we couldn't afford his wages and didn't have a full time job to give him

The point I was making is in reference to the poster stating he wasn't even close to getting a cap. [emoji6]

I know, my dig wasn't at your comment, but rather at the OP for calling him a Scotland midfielder. Why elaborate? Everyone knows he was a very good SPL level player, but capped, no!

4 hours ago, troonfan said:

nice to get one or two decent comments amongst all the jealousy and negativity, all the best Ryan and hope you can enjoy your football again 

Pollok have been lucky enough to have people like Robert Prytz and Robbie Winters come towards the end of the career. Both showed the class they have and certainly they haven't looked like the act any different considering both played at Much higher levels.

Between the articles I read about him and his own post on instagram when he stopped playing, he seems like a guy who was fed up with senior football, with the realisation hitting him that he is still young but needs to look at how he will earn money to provide for his kids for the rest of his life. So fair play to him taking this opportunity at Troon and I am sure he will give it is all. 

Archived