The Robert Thomson Derby

I totally agree - I have a lot of time for both men. I watched Stevie over many seasons as a player and I'm pleased to see him doing well. 

Stevie Aitken at no doubt is a Morton manager of the future. I'm sure if things hadn't worked out with Duffy, Morton would have tempted him back by now. The fact he's an ex Morton player and he would jump at the chance of full time football means there's no doubt in my mind he'll end up there at some point.

In fact were Morton not close to signing him when they opted for Duffy last time?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

Stevie Aitken at no doubt is a Morton manager of the future. I'm sure if things hadn't worked out with Duffy, Morton would have tempted him back by now. The fact he's an ex Morton player and he would jump at the chance of full time football means there's no doubt in my mind he'll end up there at some point.

In fact were Morton not close to signing him when they opted for Duffy last time?

I'm not sure about that - someone else here will know - but I think the fanbase would be happy if it happened and I'm sure the board can see that.

40 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Morton needed nine points from their three games this week. They picked up one.

What a wee shame.

Meanwhile Morton are favourite to finish 2nd and Dunfermline are, well, not.

What a wee shame. Next.

Today's game similar to the others this season but nice to see sons getting the breaks/result that Morton have gained so far.

i thought Darren Barr was excellent today 

don't really get why Morton fielded team less than strongest and picked up when Forbes came on. 

Fair play to Vaughan who hasn't always impressed me by was sound today.

i thought Beaton was a disgrace in terms of about 6 or so terrible decisions for both teams and let him know at half time. Bizarrely he seemed to listen .

That was a pretty enjoyable game today (yesterday, actually) and if either team had nicked it by 1-0, I would have been unsurprised.

For us, I think it was hard to single out one player for MoTM. Despite being a bit depleted of strikers, we did pretty well. The lad McRorie had a good game, IMO, and I met his father prior to the game. Top bloke.

Like others, I agree the ref was terrible.

Watched the second half on periscope. Similar to last week's game we had a few good chances but never really looked like taking them. Don't think we looked comfortable at the back either. Wasn't confident going into the game and was even less so when I saw the starting 11. We don't have enough strength in depth to leave out forbes, nesbitt and Oliver and it showed. Unfortunately we seem to be hitting a poor run at a time where a couple of wins would have gone some way to finishing second and would have set next week's game up nicely. Perhaps 3 games in a week has caught up with us but what is clear on that Duffy's failure to bring in a proven goalscorer looks as if it's going to be a deciding factor in how our season pans out. This isn't a criticism as the team and management have been excellent this season and have exceeded the expectations of most ton fans.

That said well done to Dumbarton. They got the goal and dug in. Hope they stay up.

Seen as Morton are selfish wanks and keep their recordings to themselves, lets share some of our favourite photos from Saturday.  Here's young Lewis standing 8 yards out, with acres of space, hammering home the winner:

17759792_1349949601732333_83820729302081

Here's young Lewis saying "soz Yogi" (Big Durrant and Aitken about to embrace each other in the background:

17796765_1349949435065683_45020074275595

A HiberniSons embrace after the goal:

17757316_1349949621732331_20948395096996

And finally, it wouldn't be a Dumbarton football match without a photo of BGB (Big Gregor Buchanan) smiling for absolutely no fucking reason:

17523086_1349947368399223_45193213289003

Archived