3) Station park

4)Gayfield

5) Links Park

6)Shielfield 

7)Forthbank

8)Meadowbank 

9)Broadwood

10) Central Park

All of them upto 6 are decent grounds imo.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of all the stadiums in the league for me it would go

1)Borough Briggs
2) Galabank 
3) Station park
4)Gayfield
5) Links Park
6)Shielfield 
7)Forthbank
8)Meadowbank 
9)Broadwood
10) Central Park
All of them upto 6 are decent grounds imo.

Shielfields a tidier Central Perk. Forthbank definitely better.

I would take Forthbank over any other stadium in the bottom 2 divisions....however, it could be improved. A singing section has been tried previously and (I'm lead to believe) the lads no longer attend games, but I would also like to see behind the goals open for that use.

We 100% have the nicest looking stadium in the bottom 2 divisions, but it certainly is not my favourite.

Would be my favourite if we were allowed behind the goals, maybe then a bit of atmosphere would be created.

We 100% have the nicest looking stadium in the bottom 2 divisions, but it certainly is not my favourite.

Having re-read my original post, this is what I meant. It's certainly easier to tempt people along to Forthbank for a one off game/Hospitality day than it would in other stadiums, which are stereotypical lower league.

In a world of television and the "glitz and glamor" of the EPL, I wonder how many young children have been put off football at this level, due to the stadiums? Thankfully, that's something we don't have to worry about, although we have lost a large proportion of the younger generation, it's not been down to facilities.

Having re-read my original post, this is what I meant. It's certainly easier to tempt people along to Forthbank for a one off game/Hospitality day than it would in other stadiums, which are stereotypical lower league.

In a world of television and the "glitz and glamor" of the EPL, I wonder how many young children have been put off football at this level, due to the stadiums? Thankfully, that's something we don't have to worry about, although we have lost a large proportion of the younger generation, it's not been down to facilities.

As a kid I used to absolutely love Gayfield because we could run around the terracing playing hunt. A Dundee fan in my work takes his son all the time for the same reason, he, like most people under the age of 60, likes the fact you're not stuck in a seat like he is at Dens. Still see lots of kids doing what we used to at a game.

At Gayfield you have the choice of both.

How many other hospitality suites in the league have you been in out of interest? The Gayfield one is very nice and modern, as is the inside of the main stand. I would highly doubt that we are the only club that has very modern facilities that are just as good if not better than the one at Forthbank.

Forthbank really is pretty average, and I imagine it wouldn't be in most people's top 10s out of the bottom 2 leagues.

If you done what Jake has said, and improved the terracing behind the goals to something similar to what Gayfield has, it would be a massive massive improvement and would make it a much better ground. It would be ideal really. A wee path at the fronts of the 2 seated stands so you could move freely around too. That would make it one of the best I'd say.

ETA: after picturing it in my head I have to say it would be the best lower league ground, 2 new modern similar sized terracing enclosures with a red roof on behind both goals... would be class.

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Someone want to create a 'best away days' thread for all this pish..

This is for League 2 Title Race... no really a race though cause we've won the league already...emoji6.png

If we make the play-offs, then hopefully yous win the league or we don't play yous, because Forfar's a shite day out, I'll miss arbroath away if we're in different leagues from them next season.

You're stuck in a seat along one side of the pitch. Shite. Would honestly hate going along to that every week.

The fact you can get a train and there's plenty of pubs is a bonus though.

IMG_1492021262.131462.jpgIMG_1492021292.880907.jpg

Stirling would obviously be better off if we played at a ground with crumbling terracing, with a below average pitch, shite protection from the weather and Stewards on a constant power trip. You couldnae make up some of the pish talked on here.

IMG_1492021262.131462.thumb.jpg.01122b930e4cbee563949b723cffd0e8.jpgIMG_1492021292.880907.thumb.jpg.27c91e11e5edf63dcf3d2e6efa311839.jpg

Stirling would obviously be better off if we played at a ground with crumbling terracing, with a below average pitch, shite protection from the weather and Stewards on a constant power trip. You couldnae make up some of the pish talked on here.

Gayfield > forthbank

IMG_1492021262.131462.thumb.jpg.01122b930e4cbee563949b723cffd0e8.jpgIMG_1492021292.880907.thumb.jpg.27c91e11e5edf63dcf3d2e6efa311839.jpg

Exactly.I demand Arbroath are stripped of the title should they win because of this.

Glad you presented your evidence and won the argument there.

You can walk all around gayfield . Stand behind the goal into which your team is shooting . Fans aren't all along one side of the pitch . You can stand . The pies are better . It has a better atmosphere . Pubs in close proximity .

Tbf you can have a worse ground but a better away day/match day experience, forthbank is a lovely stadium but as an away day it's shit. Gayfield isn't the best stadium but a good away day

Gayfield is all I want from somewhere I go to watch football. Give us arbroaths main stand at station park and station park would be up there with the best of them

Imo Station park is a brilliant lower league ground, but unless you stop off in dundee for a hour or so on the train, then it's a shite day out.

Out of interest, what can you do in that hour in Dundee that you can't in Forfar?

2 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Gayfield is all I want from somewhere I go to watch football. Give us arbroaths main stand at station park and station park would be up there with the best of them

the high terracing end @ station park is probably the best terracing vantage point to watch football in the lower leagues. having said that got to agree with your main stand - horrific!!

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

Out of interest, what can you do in that hour in Dundee that you can't in Forfar?

Dundee has a couple of good restaurants to go to, I personally don't drink that much, so I don't look for pubs when going to most grounds.

What a fucking minter.

I cannot believe you posted them again.

Weirdo.

Gayfield is infinite times better than Forthbank. I'm sure I could find some areas of your ground with slight defects too, but I'm not a total loser.

Archived