League 2 Title Race

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

You're stuck in a seat along one side of the pitch. Shite. Would honestly hate going along to that every week.

Agree with that mate, other than the stadium I don't see how stirling wouldn't be considered a good away day?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully cowden are down by the time we play them . Elgin and Stirling could have nothing to play for the last 2 games

Doubt that, will be massive games for us, Elgin and Annan till the end of the season.

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

Clyde is the only awayday worse than Stirling in this league imo

Obviously I can't really judge since Stirlings my home team, but If I supported a different team I think stirling would be a good away day, although I do agree with 1320litchie that the stadium structure is shit.

Just now, Binos123sam said:

Obviously I can't really judge since Stirlings my home team, but If I supported a different team I think stirling would be a good away day, although I do agree with 1320litchie that the stadium structure is shit.

Stuck in the middle of nowhere doesn't help either.

2 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Well there is a 3.5 hour train journey to start with to Berwick...decent pubs and a good chippie

The only pub near the ground is the one next to the stadium is it not? And the chippie is decent but apart from that the town is quite a walk from the stadium if you don't have much time.

In the middle of nowhere, no pubs nearby. At least at Berwick you can stop off at a few pubs on the high street before going over the bridge.

3 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

The only pub near the ground is the one next to the stadium is it not? And the chippie is decent but apart from that the town is quite a walk from the stadium if you don't have much time.

We used to get there at 11am so  it's all about the preparation. :-)

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

In the middle of nowhere, no pubs nearby. At least at Berwick you can stop off at a few pubs on the high street before going over the bridge.

It is in the middle of nowhere which doesn't help my case, but the towns quite good and my personal opinion is that I'd rather an away day like stirling than a away day like berwick, forfar, Montrose, cowdenbeath or clyde however at least forfar, Montrose and berwick have decent grounds.

Hopefully cowden are down by the time we play them . Elgin and Stirling could have nothing to play for the last 2 games

Still have to secure playoff spot which looks doubtful they way we've been playing lately [emoji29]

14 hours ago, Binos123sam said:

It is in the middle of nowhere which doesn't help my case, but the towns quite good and my personal opinion is that I'd rather an away day like stirling than a away day like berwick, forfar, Montrose, cowdenbeath or clyde however at least forfar, Montrose and berwick have decent grounds.

Different things for different people but an away day for me has plenty decent boozers within walking distance of the ground.  Stirling is one of the worst in the league for that.

Berwick, Forfar, Montrose and ouselves have boozers within 5 minute stagger to the game.

Forthbank is an alright ground. Still the only place I ever bought some juice (some kids drink as I was dying of a hangover), was given the bottle but then had the cap taken off me by a steward :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Different things for different people but an away day for me has plenty decent boozers within walking distance of the ground.  Stirling is one of the worst in the league for that.

Berwick, Forfar, Montrose and ouselves have boozers within 5 minute stagger to the game.

Forthbank is an alright ground. Still the only place I ever bought some juice (some kids drink as I was dying of a hangover), was given the bottle but then had the cap taken off me by a steward :lol:

I personally don't know how anyone can like our ground, it's small, you can't create much atmosphere and you're not allowed to stand. Those are the worst type of grounds for me.

I personally don't know how anyone can like our ground, it's small, you can't create much atmosphere and you're not allowed to stand. Those are the worst type of grounds for me.

You are allowed to stand, just not allowed to stand where theres no seats, for example the back of the stand.

I would take Forthbank over any other stadium in the bottom 2 divisions....however, it could be improved. A singing section has been tried previously and (I'm lead to believe) the lads no longer attend games, but I would also like to see behind the goals open for that use.

I would take Forthbank over any other stadium in the bottom 2 divisions....however, it could be improved. A singing section has been tried previously and (I'm lead to believe) the lads no longer attend games, but I would also like to see behind the goals open for that use.

Outwith Gayfield

1. Station Park
2. Annan
3. Elgin
4. Montrose
5. Stirling
6. Edinburgh
7. Clyde
8. Berwick
9. Cowdenbeath

Grounds in this league are pretty poor, top 4 in this are decent, but Forthbank is effectively a tidier looking better sized Broadwood. Being stuck to a seat along one touchline of the ground is shite.

8 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

There's plenty grounds in the lower 2 leagues that are better than Stirling's - Peterhead for example basically have the exact same as your ground (2 stands opposite) but with the added bonus of terracing all the way round and a cracking social club in the stand.

Archived