Bairns vs Fife's Finest

My other half has mentioned 'the football' already this week.

If we're lucky it won't be cold or wet or snowing this time, as for the game.....can I just hand my cash into the ticket office and bang my head against the wall outside for 90mins, I imagine that might be more enjoyable.

At least the wife is learning more about what following Raith is really about this season.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 23:53, lanky_ffc said:

I'm not sure why he needs a kick up the backside. He missed the QoS through suspension and hasn't started since then because Houston doesn't like to tinker. Not like he's lacking form, as he got an assist in the Dumbarton game where he picked up the last booking. 

IMO, Houston was probably justified in keeping the same XI for Ayr after a comfortable win in Dumfries, but I thought it was a mental decision to leave out our most productive player in the two biggest games of the season.

I presume he meant for absolute shit housing it in a 50/50 challenge against Hibs which lead up to their winner.

Definitely need to change it up a bit from Saturday. Win this week and try and build up a bit of momentum before the play offs, regardless of where we finish.

I'd play Thomson in goals again, didn't have much to do on Saturday but we need to prepare for Rogers leaving. Austin should start ahead of McHugh and Hippo in for Aird, Hippo will be trying to prove himself in the first team again after scoring 2 for the development team. Kerr needs dropped, I'd be tempted to play Craigen in the middle instead of out wide.

2-0 Falkirk. Austin, PG. Mon the bairns.

16 minutes ago, FashBairn said:

Definitely need to change it up a bit from Saturday. Win this week and try and build up a bit of momentum before the play offs, regardless of where we finish.

I'd play Thomson in goals again, didn't have much to do on Saturday but we need to prepare for Rogers leaving. Austin should start ahead of McHugh and Hippo in for Aird, Hippo will be trying to prove himself in the first team again after scoring 2 for the development team. Kerr needs dropped, I'd be tempted to play Craigen in the middle instead of out wide.

2-0 Falkirk. Austin, PG. Mon the bairns.

Hippolyte right wing?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has Aird been bad enough to merit dropping him and playing Hippo out of position? Not for me he hasn't.

4 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Hippolyte right wing?

Shift Taiwo out wide right, Sibbs and Craigen centre, Hippo on the left. Taiwo has played wide right before and been effective. Worth a shot imo

Just now, FashBairn said:

Shift Taiwo out wide right, Sibbs and Craigen centre, Hippo on the left. Taiwo has played wide right before and been effective. Worth a shot imo

Absolutely no reason to play Taiwo out of position when we have a right midfielder on the books that can do a job

Given Stewart is probably still injured, Stevenson fucked off to Troon and Coustrain got homesick, our whole team and the bench basically picks itself.

(Not that it's any good, but there you go)

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Midfield of aird craigen Taiwo sibbs with hippo and Austin upfront just for a laugh to see what happens.

Agree actually. Bairdy is not at his best ATM and Austin should never have been dropped.

There's absolutely no way Houston will start experimenting with positions at this stage of the season, nor should he tbh.

We really shouldn't be playing any games without our best players so Sibbald and Hippo have to start. Sibbald has been good out left since he's been moved there but Kerr is only really useful if he's going to have a lot of space and time on the ball so he should drop from the midfield for Hippo to start. I'm not fussed about RW, I think Aird would work better as an impact sub as he can do his running in a straight line act against tiring legs and get more success.

Up front is a tough one, we've not really got a good partnership there but I think Austin has shown enough lately that should guarantee him a start with either Baird or McHugh alongside.

34 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

There's absolutely no way Houston will start experimenting with positions at this stage of the season, nor should he tbh.

We really shouldn't be playing any games without our best players so Sibbald and Hippo have to start. Sibbald has been good out left since he's been moved there but Kerr is only really useful if he's going to have a lot of space and time on the ball so he should drop from the midfield for Hippo to start. I'm not fussed about RW, I think Aird would work better as an impact sub as he can do his running in a straight line act against tiring legs and get more success.

Up front is a tough one, we've not really got a good partnership there but I think Austin has shown enough lately that should guarantee him a start with either Baird or McHugh alongside.

Why shouldn't he experiment? The season is over essentially, whether we finish 2nd or 4th. The play off structure is so strongly against us, which is proven by the fact that the only team that's went up through them so far is Hamilton, only because of an imploding Hibs team who completely f*cked it.

Now is completely the time for experimenting, whether that be trying Hippo up front or something else, because we need to try and set ourselves up strongly for next season.

Why shouldn't he experiment? The season is over essentially, whether we finish 2nd or 4th. The play off structure is so strongly against us, which is proven by the fact that the only team that's went up through them so far is Hamilton, only because of an imploding Hibs team who completely f*cked it.
Now is completely the time for experimenting, whether that be trying Hippo up front or something else, because we need to try and set ourselves up strongly for next season.

I disagree that the season is over, we were a draw away from promotion last season through the playoffs and who knows what the Premier team will be like if we get that far again?
While it's a tall order for the team we're absolutely in with a shout and should be treating each game like we can do it.

2 hours ago, FashBairn said:

Sibbs and Craigen have their merits as players but would be absolutely powderpuff as a midfield two.

3 hours ago, FashBairn said:

The season is over if we finish 5th 6th 7th or 8th and not 2-4th.

I understand the dismay of finishing 3rd or 4th as I'm still of the opinion I won't see a team who finish in those positions promoted in the current set up but nothing is a certainty with football and perhaps the motto of expect the unexpected may one time go in our favour.

As for Saturdays team, I'd be surprised if there's more than two outfield changes in a striker and right back seeing that Muirhead didn't play in the development game.

Archived