Bairns vs Fife's Finest

How can he feel harshly done by when he didn't win a game in what was it 16 games? If I was as shit at my job as that I would have expected my jotters long before then. He has had the same effect everywhere, couple decent wins then it turns to shite

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's another 7 minutes of my life I won't get back. Hughes talks some utter drivel in those interview on raith TV. The,ball keeps,coming back at us does it ??? Well f#@$ing change it then Hughes. The falkirk central defence IMO were,nothing special and a strong striker aka Ryan Stenevson would have been a great person to hold it up. We had to play in a formation that when the falkirk back four had the ball we pressed at them to stop the ball coming to us through midfield. They had no height up front and this would have worked for us. Barr should have been on for Johnston at half time and played with 3 up front. I am starting to Hope Hughes leaves in the summer. One week 3 subs at the same time. The next two subs together then a third a couple of minutes later, not allowing the formation to adjust at the first substitutions. Now this game a glaring substitution is required and nothing !!!

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Great defender but his distribution is terrible. Run up to the half way line and float a ball either out of play or to a defender.

Unless Grant seriously improves his first touch and passing he won't make it to a level much higher than ourselves 

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

IMG_1491136100.756640.jpg

There's a video on youtube from the guy that films our home games from the south stand, also showing Miller being played onside by M'voto

I was watching the game on Falkirk TV and had a right laugh at one of the commentators bemusement at Craig Barr not playing at lw for us. Overall the two of them were quite good and fairly impartial. There knowledge of us did seem a bit poor though but that's to be expected.

Great to see Lee Miller pulling us out of the myre yesterday, begs the question why he was left out v Morton and v Hibs. The big man gives us a fantastic option towards the end if games, he puts his head in where others don't, could be a considered replacement for when Mr. H departs...i think he would be a popular choice with the Falkirk faithful?

Great to see Lee Miller pulling us out of the myre yesterday, begs the question why he was left out v Morton and v Hibs. The big man gives us a fantastic option towards the end if games, he puts his head in where others don't, could be a considered replacement for when Mr. H departs...i think he would be a popular choice with the Falkirk faithful?

No more rookie managers please. Thought we had learned from that.

Everybody has to start somewhere i guess. Agree to a point we need experience but that can be countered to a degree with someone who knows and creates the culture that exists at a football club. Maybe through time as the big man develops his coaching style and beliefs. Bet you he had already learned much from Houston and the array of managers he has served under in his time.

Just seen the video of the handball claim.  I thought it was an optimistic shout at the time, but it's absolutely blatant. The Raith player then actually chips the ball up for the keeper to catch (almost as if he thought a penalty was about to be given) Not surprised the ref missed it all though and decided to award absolutely nothing 

Everybody has to start somewhere i guess. Agree to a point we need experience but that can be countered to a degree with someone who knows and creates the culture that exists at a football club. Maybe through time as the big man develops his coaching style and beliefs. Bet you he had already learned much from Houston and the array of managers he has served under in his time.

There's definitely a role for him at the club. However as manager, I don't think so. Attacking/striker coach akin to when Crawford was here seems about right to me.

Yeah, that's clearly the correct decision by the linesman. Brutal communication at the back. If we can, I'd be quite happy if we got Bene back in the middle alongside Barr with McHattie and Thomson at full backs. That or going mental and going 3-4-3. 

21 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Mvoto's reaction is brilliant.  Whilst the other players rush to argue with the linesman, he says "who, me?".  I thought he'd had a decent game up until that point.

Mvoto to be fair could've played with a cigar in his mouth when we played high balls to Baird and McHugh. Bring on Miller and we start to get fouls of him and win aerial battles, I had the same thot previous week with Hibs.

Archived