Bairns vs Fife's Finest

baird will always start  in a Houston team and I can see why hes a buzbbomb and that's what houstie wants he cant play football though but now and again hes there to stroke one in..i personally don't rate him but there you go

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Got to laugh at all the Falkirk fans moaning about John baird. You don't realise how lucky you are. One of the best strikers in the league for sure. And what's with the Rovers fans booing him today? Fucking morons! This couple in front of me even booed like f**k when Baird went off and clapped like maniacs as Steven fucking Craigen came on to replace him, fucking imbeciles. Our fans piss me right off sometimes.

James, now...............

40 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Got to laugh at all the Falkirk fans moaning about John baird. You don't realise how lucky you are. One of the best strikers in the league for sure. And what's with the Rovers fans booing him today? Fucking morons! This couple in front of me even booed like f**k when Baird went off and clapped like maniacs as Steven fucking Craigen came on to replace him, fucking imbeciles. Our fans piss me right off sometimes.

17 goals for Baird last season, only 8 so far this season. BSLM has 8 as well and he's had about half the game time Baird has. Sibbald and Hippolyte also have a better minutes/goals ratio from midfield. Baird will be 32 in August, for me Austin/McHugh should be in the team ahead of him now 

just watched yogis post match interview where he alludes to the lewis Vaughan situation.....out of order

The SPFL need to get this sorted out. No same league loans is the first step.

11 hours ago, RR #1 said:

The problem for me is he breaks down moves as his touch is so bad, which invariably puts us under pressure.

Yet he moans like f, when anybody has one bad pass, I just don't get why he always starts unless its just to tire a defence before the real strikers come on or to piss me off!

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McHattie is the worst left back I've seen :lol:what happened to Rory Mckeown, always thought he was decent for rovers?

He left to be near to his partner in England, he currently plays for bottom of the league Southport in the Conference or whatever it's called these days.

He left to be near to his partner in England, he currently plays for bottom of the league Southport in the Conference or whatever it's called these days.

When Leahy was apparently leaving last year, I always thought he would been an ideal replacement.

For all of Aird's pace, his end ball has been pretty poor from what I've seen so far.

Craigen might not have his pace, but the boy has a very decent whip on him.

Folk have already made up their minds on him tho, so doesn't matter eh.

I thought Aird was just coming on to a game when he went off. I can see why Houstie brought Craigen on though as I think he knew that the rest of the game would be played in Rover's half and he wanted someone who could deliver to Miller. Felt he should have taken Hippo off instead though, particularly as he had picked up another of his daft bookings!

What the feck was up with big Grant btw? Possibly one of the worst players on the park yesterday?

I would try McHugh and Austin up front against Utd next week (which is a combination that I don't think we've tried yet?) as Miller's much better coming off the bench IMO.

I thought Aird was just coming on to a game when he went off. I can see why Houstie brought Craigen on though as I think he knew that the rest of the game would be played in Rover's half and he wanted someone who could deliver to Miller. Felt he should have taken Hippo off instead though, particularly as he had picked up another of his daft bookings!
What the feck was up with big Grant btw? Possibly one of the worst players on the park yesterday?
I would try McHugh and Austin up front against Utd next week (which is a combination that I don't think we've tried yet?) as Miller's much better coming off the bench IMO.

Great defender but his distribution is terrible. Run up to the half way line and float a ball either out of play or to a defender.

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Airds last ball into the box was a thing of beauty for Strikers with any aerial presence but with Bob and Baird, it was wasted. Aird didnt have a great game yesterday but for me no one really did. We were playing far too many balls back to the centre halves yesterday from the centre of midfield. If you take out Grants passing the long ball out of his performance, he was still solid in defending. We were 2nd best in the first half in midfield and altho we improved greatly in the 2nd, the ball back to the centre halves went on throughout.

Fuk knows what we will do next week, Utd usually play the 4-2-3-1 formation, so we may go with a 4-4-1-1 to counter it, if we do, I hope its Miller up top as many times this season, he has prove he has everything bar pace. Id get Bob back to being supersub or not used sub. 

I still think it was sheer madness that we have a goalie now who can virtually kick the ball to the other box and we go with two strikers who are pish in the air, a lot of our game is/was aerial balls forward, we even stopped the long throw in as we had really no threat.

Archived