Bairns vs Fife's Finest

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of how it works out we need a huge clear out of players and it would appear the manager too, who even with a poor squad isn't picking the right players.

That's exactly what I was thinking leaving Falkirk today.

Even if Yogi did decide that he wants to bide his time with us for next season. I don't think I'd want him now. Absolutely horrendous tactics at the minute. He seems to be falling out with the wrong players as well. First Coustrain and now B.Barr.

Whilst McManus gets 90 minutes every week and Roberts and Skacel still get appearances as well.

Back at the start of the season I created a thread in League 1 for us for 2017/2018 and people shot me down for it. That's how far back, this has gone. It's been inevitable since about the 20th of May last year when Locke was appointed. Everyone could see it apart from Eric Drysdale and Co.

The entire blame lies completely with no-one else other than that man.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Next week, Miller and Austin to start. And based on today I think we looked more dangerous when Craigen replaced Aird. Think James might find himself in the starting line up next week.

Think we will stick with Aird due to pace, Aird put in a few decent balls but with Baird and McHugh up there, isn't gonna pay dividends. The fact is Miller is still our best striker

29 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking leaving Falkirk today.

Even if Yogi did decide that he wants to bide his time with us for next season. I don't think I'd want him now. Absolutely horrendous tactics at the minute. He seems to be falling out with the wrong players as well. First Coustrain and now B.Barr.

Whilst McManus gets 90 minutes every week and Roberts and Skacel still get appearances as well.

Back at the start of the season I created a thread in League 1 for us for 2017/2018 and people shot me down for it. That's how far back, this has gone. It's been inevitable since about the 20th of May last year when Locke was appointed. Everyone could see it apart from Eric Drysdale and Co.

The entire blame lies completely with no-one else other than that man.

That doesn't make it any less of an unbelievably petty and childish thing to do mind.

Just nice to beat Yogi for once even though we made heavy weather of it. Baird and McHugh are both good players but need a target man to play alongside. Don't play them together

Don't play baird

The only positive was that Danny Handling looked like he's willing to take the ball down and played some excellent passes. Hardie worked as hard as he could, but the rest of the team was bereft of quality. McHattie and Bene looked out of place. Davidson doesn't offer enough. We need to pick two centre backs and stop trying shoehorn players in.

Sibbald and Aird were a class above and consistently found ways through.

While the referee was poor, he wasn't anything compared to last week. We can't point to that. Too many games where we're blaming the referee or sitting looking at our phones saying we hope Morton, United or Hibs do us a favour.

To bring on Scott Roberts again was criminal. He's probably my least favourite footballer ever. He'll be in the juniors in a few years and offered nothing today. RATM said he didn't think he even had a touch of the ball. A player who epitomises how awful this season has been. It's at the point now where we've got half a team signed up to next season, including a forward who scored for one of the teams surrounding us today.

While Hughes bangs on about Drysdale being enthusiastic, the club need to have a review of how we operate. The fact we commissioned so many stupid decisions is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Think we will stick with Aird due to pace, Aird put in a few decent balls but with Baird and McHugh up there, isn't gonna pay dividends. The fact is Miller is still our best striker

Thought aird played pretty well and was unfortunate to be subbed as up to that point in the 2nd half he'd done far more than hippo who had failed off after a good first half. I'd still like to see sibbald further up the park more often  as that's where he does all his best work and not picking the ball up off our centrebacks with 3 men around him. Keeper looks decent.  Has Rogers injury got worse as he wasn't even on the bench this week having been there against hibs? Need to tighten up against set pieces. We are notably more shaky against them with kids playing instead of Muirhead and it could costve cost us today and did last week.

As comfortable a second half as we've had all season.

Huge thanks to Hughes for his halftime substitution that changed the way Raith played. They contained us well in the first half and frustrated us.

Bringing in a more attack minded player in handling allowed Sibbald to dictate the play more and ultimately we got the winner that we deserved through Big Sexy.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

Should have guessed the ref would be crap when he delayed kick off to make the Raith take off the under armour top as it did not match his Raith top.

That took about 30 seconds, the teams and officials were about 4 minutes late coming out for kick off.

4 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

I thought it was strange to leave Barr out as well. Especially since he's been the best player on the park at tfs at least 4 times.

he usually owns us thankfully yogi cut us some slack.

huff and puff first half but in the second we came on to our game. hippo had a good game and aird was ok but we looked better imo when craigen came on but maybe that was down to bslm being on the the pitch. thought he looked offside for the goal but reckon if you're that sexy you can score from where you like.

keeper wasnt tested enough to see for sure but had one cracking save in the second half.

no more baird and mchugh starting together though please id much rather see miller and fash.

Got to laugh at all the Falkirk fans moaning about John baird. You don't realise how lucky you are. One of the best strikers in the league for sure. And what's with the Rovers fans booing him today? Fucking morons! This couple in front of me even booed like f**k when Baird went off and clapped like maniacs as Steven fucking Craigen came on to replace him, fucking imbeciles. Our fans piss me right off sometimes.

Archived