Bairns vs Fife's Finest

Sibbald was outstanding today. Hippo generally had Benedictus on toast and McHattie was very, very lucky to stay on the park after hauling down Craigen and then McHugh when on a booking. I thought McHugh played well and BSLM finished well, even if Raith gave him the freedom of the entire 18 yard box. Taiwo and Kidd were good in the 2nd half. Surely Baird has to be 4th choice striker now? 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result from a pretty turgid performance. Why the he'll Houston persists with Baird and McHugh is beyond me. They both try like bears but are horribly off form in the scoring stakes. Austin who was the in form striker now can't get a look in. The whole team selection situation is completely bizarre. Doesn't help when we keep punting the ball up to two midgets strikers who are backed up by another two midgets in midfield. Fortunately we were playing a side that haven't had a striker score an away goal since October. We looked far better with Miller on and I thought craigen did well although I was surprised he took aird off. Taiwo had a stinker and the distribution from the back needs to be much better.

Good result from a pretty turgid performance. Why the he'll Houston persists with Baird and McHugh is beyond me. They both try like bears but are horribly off form in the scoring stakes. Austin who was the in form striker now can't get a look in. The whole team selection situation is completely bizarre. Doesn't help when we keep punting the ball up to two midgets strikers who are backed up by another two midgets in midfield. Fortunately we were playing a side that haven't had a striker score an away goal since October. We looked far better with Miller on and I thought craigen did well although I was surprised he took aird off. Taiwo had a stinker and the distribution from the back needs to be much better.

Taiwo's distribution was poor but again he did a lot of dirty stuff and broke up their play lots of times. Sibbald was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cheer up ya flapper we won. Sick of your pish.

8 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You would expect to have more on a Saturday than a team in free fall mode had through the week surely?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good crowd w**k!

5 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Tommy T and Craig Sibbald are silk and steel/fire and ice in the middle of the park. Ought to be the first two names on the teamsheet every week

This. Back 4 picks itself as well as Hippo and Aird on the wings. Positions up for debate are GK and the two strikers. Thomson hasn't put a foot wrong in two games ( not that he's had much to do)

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Cheer up ya flapper we won. Sick of your pish.

Was a good result but I didn't feel the performance was any better than Morton or Dumbarton at home.  They were both better than raith and therefore picked up points. I'm not going to say we were brilliant when we were clearly bang average. There's been something missing from our home performances since the du and pars games unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't understand for the life of me why Austin has suddenly been bumped. Houston's chopping and changing throughout the season certainly hasn't helped our promotion prospects. Especially when at times it's difficult to work out why.

One change from last week and recently been same 11, should've been Austin or Miller in for one of the two up top today tho.

Felt we lost the midfield first half today and altho better in the 2nd half we still played too many balls back to Grant to prove he isn't Beckenbauer. It was ridiculous us keeping the same top two from last week against a man mountain of Mtvoto and with Thomson being able to kick a ball to opposite goal mouth to two midgets.

Hard fought welcome 3pts and a superb finish by Miller sums it up, also cheers for loaning Vaughan to Dumbarton.... Should hold that tho, as we go there last day, tho it must be said that loans in the same league is a poor choice in that will Vaughan's head be in it, if he can relegate his employers on the last day

Sometimes I wonder if Houston is on this planet? All his years of managerial experience and he persists with Baird and drops Austin, a forward who was just getting into his stride and getting a run of games after a stop start season for him through injury!!

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was a good result but I didn't feel the performance was any better than Morton or Dumbarton at home.  They were both better than raith and therefore picked up points. I'm not going to say we were brilliant when we were clearly bang average. There's been something missing from our home performances since the du and pars games unfortunately.

Honestly couldn't give a f**k. First time we have beaten a Hughes managed side, Morton and Utd getting beat and hibs drawing with us having the only victory in the top 4 at this stage of the season with it all to play for (regarding 2nd I'm not delusional) I for one would love to just grind out the 3 points every week now and then go home and get a ride and walk about smiling instead of constantly looking for something to moan about like a spoilt adult that's a bigger arse than 2 bums.

Fairly comfortable win in the end, but did feel laboured at times. Raith offered pretty much no threat, so you got the feeling 1 goal would be enough. Excellent finish from Miller to win it for us. Didn't think it was a particularly good performance, but you can't really complain when you win, keep a clean sheet and both teams below you lose. Next week is huge.

Remember when Gary Locke and the players kept parroting the line that we weren't a bad team and things would turn?

Still waiting. Quite simply we have players who aren't good enough for this level. Declan McManus is pretty much the epitome of the Locke era, absolutely fucking shite, scored in two league matches all season and has somehow racked up 30 appearances. Scott Roberts coming on when we're desperate for a goal?

Regardless of how it works out we need a huge clear out of players and it would appear the manager too, who even with a poor squad isn't picking the right players.

Archived