Bairns vs Fife's Finest

Which striker out of our squad would you want clean through on a one on one to get us through to the holy grail and the Premiership in the dying seconds of a play off final?? Although we rotate regularly I'm still not sure, because all of them have different strengths and weaknesses. Getting way ahead of myself but just a thought in my lunch hour at work.

From the edge of the box, Miller. On a run from outside the box, Austin.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Thomson

Kidd
Gasparotto
Grant
Leahy

Aird
Taiwo
Sibbald
Craigen

Hippo
Austin

Not going to happen of course.

Houston will go with:

Rogers

Muirhead
Gasparotto
Grant
Leahy

Aird
Taiwo
Kerr
Sibbald

Baird
Austin

Second team would still win with ease.

1 hour ago, RichieBairn said:

Which striker out of our squad would you want clean through on a one on one to get us through to the holy grail and the Premiership in the dying seconds of a play off final?? Although we rotate regularly I'm still not sure, because all of them have different strengths and weaknesses. Getting way ahead of myself but just a thought in my lunch hour at work.

Bet you had same thoughts a few year ago v Hibs at Hampden and came up with Lyle Taylor?

26 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Bet you had same thoughts a few year ago v Hibs at Hampden and came up with Lyle Taylor?

Great shout, if painful.

Taylor was a fantastic striker whose legs went to jelly in a 1 on 1 situation.

Was referring to Bridge of Allan, pal. See it all the time, though. Even on OneF. Folk love a diamond.

With that midfield I love a diamond. Sibbald is best just behind the front two in a number 10 position and taiwo is best racking and shielding the centre backs. With hippo and aird we gave genuine wingers with pace working up and down the flanks

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

With that midfield I love a diamond. Sibbald is best just behind the front two in a number 10 position and taiwo is best racking and shielding the centre backs. With hippo and aird we gave genuine wingers with pace working up and down the flanks

The thing is, tho.. with a diamond, all 4 players need to be central. You look at teams who have done it in the past like AC Milan and Chelsea when both were managed by Ancelotti and none of the midfielders were wingers. The purpose of the diamond is to allow the holding midfielder to sit and allow the wingbacks to provide width. If you do a diamond with that midfield there will be a gaping hole in the middle of the park.

19 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I personally want a shot at Hamilton In the playoff. I'd also take Partick

Partick have the 4th best defence in the league; even if they slipped into the relegation places I wouldn't want to face them.

Archived