Bairns vs Fife's Finest

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record depending on who finishes 11th in the Premiership is gonnae decide for me if I want to get to another playoff final.

If it's Killie or Ross C I will happily lose to Morton or Utd.

I personally want a shot at Hamilton In the playoff. I'd also take Partick

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

For the record depending on who finishes 11th in the Premiership is gonnae decide for me if I want to get to another playoff final.

If it's Killie or Ross C I will happily lose to Morton or Utd.

I personally want a shot at Hamilton In the playoff. I'd also take Partick

Partick are having a decent season, sitting in 6th place 10 points clear of the playoff place.

Think Hamilton would be the best shot for whoever makes final.  Actually think they will be relegated automatically though. Either way, good news for Championship teams next season if they join us (hopefully my club is part of the us!) not exactly a team you would put in the 'bounce straight back up' category

This game on Saturday, not sure how it will go, if we go a goal down early then fear for us but if we are doing alright and playing with confidence then you never know. 11/1 at bookies for us half time-full time, I donated a hopeful tenner but right now would be more than happy with a point given our recent away form.

Since our win at Falkirk in October we have an away league record of W0 D3 L6 scoring two goals in these 9 games, grim

7 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Partick are having a decent season, sitting in 6th place 10 points clear of the playoff place.

So it won't be them then.

ICT don't look much bit I don't fancy the hike much.

I would also rather play an opponent who can fill the North stand

Our support generally have some weird definition of the teams that are "big and hard" and "teams who offer f**k all" based on very little other than support size. It's odd. Whoever finished eleventh is worse than tenth, I have no idea why people pretend otherwise.

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I don't really care who we play (if we get to the final), as long as the team we play is on a long losing run. We want to go in to that game with the opposition entirely shot of confidence. 

That was pretty much the case for Killie last year and they still shegged us.

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:
2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Our support generally have some weird definition of the teams that are "big and hard" and "teams who offer f**k all" based on very little other than support size. It's odd. Whoever finished eleventh is worse than tenth, I have no idea why people pretend otherwise.

I'm basing my opinion on Hamilton having seen them play 5 times and always thinking that they clearly are shit. 

2 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

That was pretty much the case for Killie last year and they still shegged us.

Hibs were one win in 19 pre the play offs when they got relegated and Killie were 5 wins in the same period which Id guess is near enough average for the bottom 3 or 4.

Hamilton were probably the best team in the league the season they relegated Hibs, I personally think they were probably dead on their feet after two hard pressured games against us then bang into a game v Hibs, then there was a decent ish break between the return leg for them to rest and get their head in place.

Id love to see Motherwell in the mix for the play offs again and get their comeuppance for once, I think as it stands its Dundee downwards for the play offs, tho getting ahead of ourselves at the moment re play offs, tho wonder if we can get an emergency loan in for the Dumbarton game and the play offs !!!

Which striker out of our squad would you want clean through on a one on one to get us through to the holy grail and the Premiership in the dying seconds of a play off final?? Although we rotate regularly I'm still not sure, because all of them have different strengths and weaknesses. Getting way ahead of myself but just a thought in my lunch hour at work.

Archived