Scotland V England

mizfit

Incredible result :lol:

This would be the last game where we missed two tremendous headed chances, Griffiths fucked up when he should have played in Snodgrass and Forrest missed a sitter?  

The game where Scotland has significantly more efforts on goal and England scored with their only 3 shots on target.   

This England side is the equal of  Poland or Croatia.    They start favourites, but we've beaten far better teams at Hampden.

That's a perfect example of where our problem is. We lack the quality to take numerous chances whilst England only need three chances to put three past us.

I have been at Hampden for many of those great results over the years and will be there today. I really hope we can put something together and want to get that feeling of optimism we usually get before big games.

The problem is I cannot remember the last time when I was this demoralised re our national team...certainly not since 78 that is.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think England are a great side by any means but international qualifiers tend to be about job done as opposed to any great style ,   1 or 2 nil wins and a couple of draws thrown in do it then fine, I'd say most of the top sides have the same approach, don't think there's many 5 0 hammerings these days.

We can get something out of this game but it's unlikely, they've so many players who you'd fancy to Score and Kane is on fire now, ,a draw would be a great result.

I hope England come up here with egos thinking we only need to turn up with one eye on there holiday's 
Scotland need to play like Celtic played against man city in the champions league with no fear or respect 
would take a draw right now but if England are off it Scotland could win this game

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

A 2-0 home win against Malta, A 2-0 home win against Lithuania, A 95th minute winner against Slovakia who played the second half with 10 men and a 0-0 against Slovenia where Joe Hart got man of the mach aye I see what you mean thats world class that. 

Humped aff of slovakia drew against lithunia at and walloped aff England already yes I can see where your coming from

Spirited performance by the hapless Jocks resulting in a campaign ending 3-0 defeat to the 'Auld Enemy'. England are a qualifying machine and they've sworded far better teams than this Scotland team over recent seasons. They haven't even let a goal in during their last nine qualifiers.

Bye Bye Gordon!

We don't have a chance. England aren't anything special, but as others have pointed out are an entirely different animal in qualifying. Their players also won't be blowing out their arse by the 60th minute, so could rack up some goals late on. I've got England to score in both halves on, as well as Kane anytime/England win. I struggle to see them not coming in. 

I hate being a negative dick so close to kick off, but I just can't be arsed with the national team until Strachan goes, which will hopefully be not long after tonight's tanking. 

3-1 England.

Guest DAVIDB69

We don't have a chance. England aren't anything special, but as others have pointed out are an entirely different animal in qualifying. Their players also won't be blowing out their arse by the 60th minute, so could rack up some goals late on. I've got England to score in both halves on, as well as Kane anytime/England win. I struggle to see them not coming in. 

I hate being a negative dick so close to kick off, but I just can't be arsed with the national team until Strachan goes, which will hopefully be not long after tonight's tanking. 

3-1 England.

Everything points to a doing , our a lot our players are not club regulars and aren't very fit as we saw the last time against them and they were in second gear .

Even the ones that do play regularly don't play at a great level as they are never tested

We don't score very many goals and we concede too many.

It's the equivalent of something like spurs being away to Rotherham in the fa cup

Guest DAVIDB69

Is that a handicap? Best i could get was 7/10 for the win and 2/1 -1 handicap.

They really were 5/6 a few weeks ago

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Can someone show me what this is?

I hate seeing blank posts with greenies. Teasing b*****ds.

Link to a twitter video of Strachan's press conference. He says he's a "big fan eh Harry Kane" ... sounds like "Big fanny Harry Kane".

Scotland has an excellent home qualifying record.   Even against the 'top' nations.   The further back you go the better the record is, but I'll link up 2000 onward. 

Scotland 2 - 2 Belgium
Scotland 1-1 Germany 
Scotland 1-0 Holland 
Scotland 1-1 Italy 
Scotland 1-0 France
Scotland 3-1 Ukraine 
Scotland 1-2 Italy 
Scotland 0-1 Netherlands
Scotland 2-3 Spain
Scotland 0-0 Serbia 
Scotland 1-0 Croatia 
Scotland 0-2 Belgium 
Scotland 2-3 Germany 
Scotland 2-2 Poland
Scotland 1-0 Slovenia 

5 Victories 
4 Draws 
5 Defeats 

Only 1 defeat by more than 1 goal.  

England may well win 6-0 tonight, but evidence suggests it will be tighter.    5/6 England looks like a lay to me. 

You're getting Kane to score a header, Alli to score outside the box, Brown and Dier booked for 500/1 on paddy power btw

Archived