The Legend of Zelda: BREATH OF THE WILD

On sledgehammers and woodcutter axes: what do you need them for?  Remote bombs do the job of both and are in endless supply. 

I've got good weapons and shields in the house but I've never gone back for them.

I've uncovered the map but didn't know Goron City existed! I must explore more. 

If you go into your profile on the Switch OS, there is a list of games played at the bottom of the screen with approximate times played, rounds down to the nearest 5 hours I think.

Edited by bunglebonce

51 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

On sledgehammers and woodcutter axes: what do you need them for?  Remote bombs do the job of both and are in endless supply. 

I've got good weapons and shields in the house but I've never gone back for them.

I've uncovered the map but didn't know Goron City existed! I must explore more. 

If you go into your profile on the Switch OS, there is a list of games played at the bottom of the screen with approximate times played, rounds down to the nearest 5 hours I think.

Do you not get more wood if you chop down trees with the axe?

I didn't know the remote bombs destroyed the ore, I'm always carrying a bloody sledgehammer around.

Yeah Mr X it leads to another side quests up in the Akkala region. That then leads to another one which I have yet to do.

Got so many unfinished quests on the go :(

Only just discovered the other day that you can use each amiibo every day on the game. I have about 20 amiibos and they all give me a sh1t ton of food every day. I have 2 x zelda amiibos and they each give me a chest every day and I have had some cool stuff in them. Basically if you have a mario amiibo, you can scan it in each day and a bunch of food falls from the sky.  

9 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

I didn't know the remote bombs destroyed the ore, I'm always carrying a bloody sledgehammer around.

Yeah Mr X it leads to another side quests up in the Akkala region. That then leads to another one which I have yet to do.

Got so many unfinished quests on the go :(

Only just discovered the other day that you can use each amiibo every day on the game. I have about 20 amiibos and they all give me a sh1t ton of food every day. I have 2 x zelda amiibos and they each give me a chest every day and I have had some cool stuff in them. Basically if you have a mario amiibo, you can scan it in each day and a bunch of food falls from the sky.  

Mr X jnr and I were debating whether or not that was a game day or a real day. We never got round to trying it out.

We also have the wolf link amiibo from the Twighlight princess special edition. Now THAT is cool :)

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Mr X jnr and I were debating whether or not that was a game day or a real day. We never got round to trying it out.

We also have the wolf link amiibo from the Twighlight princess special edition. Now THAT is cool :)

It's a real day. I scan in my two zelda amiibos each day for the chests but I can't be arsed scanning all the other food amiibos unless I really need it. Need to get a hold of the Wolf amiibo.

Btw fcuk using bombs to blow up the ore - the stuff goes everywhere and usually off the edge of whichever cliff you are on. I'll be sticking with the sledgehammer.

How durable is the sledgehammer?  I have enough weapon slots to justify carrying one.  I can't say I've used the sledgehammer after getting remote bombs.

I've sussed out where that Goron town is after it being highlighted on the map.  I don't have the correct gear to get there though, I'll need to sniff about the region.

12 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

How durable is the sledgehammer?  I have enough weapon slots to justify carrying one.  I can't say I've used the sledgehammer after getting remote bombs.

I've sussed out where that Goron town is after it being highlighted on the map.  I don't have the correct gear to get there though, I'll need to sniff about the region.

I don't know exact numbers but if you only use it to break ore then it lasts for ages. Think I have only ever broken 2 or 3, just don't use it for anything else.

The whole Goron city region is quite tedious and annoying tbh I think. It's the one bit of the game where I have lost a little interest. On the plus side it doesn't rain there!

Is this as good on the wiiU as the switch? Girlfriends a huge Zelda fan and I can't afford a switch so just bought her the wii version

Guy at work has been playing it on the wiiu, he seems happy enough

Cheers. Hoping she enjoys it as she has an unhealthy fascination with the series but seems wary of it being open world. She'll kill me if she doesn't like it

Cheers. Hoping she enjoys it as she has an unhealthy fascination with the series but seems wary of it being open world. She'll kill me if she doesn't like it

The open world aspect can be a bit daunting but you can follow the main quest at the start, hopefully that will be enough to get used to it before the quests branch out. Mr X jnr had played zelda games before but he hadn't played anything open world and he loves it.

I actually went through a brief phase of losing motivation to play this. Id got my ass handed to me a couple of times and thought the difficulty was jumping up beyond what I could handle. But, I stumbled on the quest to zoras domain and then almost accidentally ended up in the divine beast. Managed to complete it after a couple of tries at the boss and now I'm right back into it :)

I've got my first gripe - you can only go back like 5 or 6 saves and as it auto saves all the time that doesn't take you very far back. I realised I'd wasted loads of weapons and arrows tackling the divine beast and wanted to go back and try it again but the saves wouldn't go back far enough.

She's loving it, but she can't speak to any of the characters. The options come up but you can't scroll through them and press "A" to select them, it works for everything else apart from speech and sitting by a fire.

She's loving it, but she can't speak to any of the characters. The options come up but you can't scroll through them and press "A" to select them, it works for everything else apart from speech and sitting by a fire.

That's odd. Have you looked on Google to see if anyone else has that issue?

That's odd. Have you looked on Google to see if anyone else has that issue?

Yeah, a few people have similar but can't find any solution to it. Might just need to uninstall then reinstall the game and see what happens.

You might not care, but she went to play the game again, and took off the protective cover on the pad screen (been on since we bought it), and the interactions are now working.

Bizarre

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone still loving this? I bought the house last night :) but am mainly concentrating on finding towers, shrines and memories with a few side quests along the way.

Amazing game

ETA - anyone managed to befriend a dog? I've got ones attention, fed it and had a couple of cloud puffs appear but its not led me anywhere

Edited by Mr X