Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

The Legend of Zelda: BREATH OF THE WILD

Recommended Posts

Guest

Anyone else thoroughly enjoying this? Couldn't see a topic so thought I would make one for discussion.

I'm about 60~ hours in and explored about 40% of the map at most. The scale of this game just blows my mind, it's almost too big if anything.

It's incredible this game runs on what is essentially a tablet.

Info here for anyone interested in it:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

 

Currently has a metacritic (average score) of 97, making it one of the highest rated games of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been discussed a bit in the Switch thread. I kept meaning to start a specific one but kept forgetting!

I've barely had time to scratch the surface of it but what Ive seen so far has been hugely impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Persona 5 is out next week so can't see me finishing it anytime soon.

You enjoying your Switch in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yip I'm absolutley loving Zelda and I haven't played a Zelda since the snes version.

It's just so enormous! I have sacked off all the main quests at the moment and just been going orange tower to orange tower to unlock the whole map and hitting the odd shrine in between. Iv nearly done that but there is one tower that is almost impossible to climb due to the enemies surrounding it so iv bailed on it for time being.

I reckon Hyrule must be based on Scotland given all the fucking rain. Never bloody stops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XIII said:

7/10

GET.OUT.

 

:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Zelda games are shite 












*braces self*

ea5eb315b2881c34501a064f16368d86.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The critics are raving about the game but the user ratings are just a pissing contest between Nintendo and non nintendo fans.

Folk giving the game 1 out of 10. My most hated game of all time is bubble bobble and i wouldn't give it 1 out of 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've never been able to get into them to be honest, but i know they are highly regarded for good reason, just not for me.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but you knew you're wrong, right? Horribly, horribly wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr X said:


Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but you knew you're wrong, right? Horribly, horribly wrong

I know you are joking but there are actually Zelda fanboys who take that stance with anyone lol. Its no different than those arseholes who insist FF7 is the greatest Final Fantasy game(when we all know its 9)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great game so far, like the fact that you have to work at the game, it's not easy!! (this can also be bloody annoying!) it's the first Zelda game my boy has played and the convenience of going to tablet mode and taking the game in the car instead of having to switch off is just brilliant, to me this is a huge advantage for the switch over any other console, just needs some more games to go with Zelda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50+ hours in
40-odd shrines completed
30-ish korok seeds found
All the towers climbed/map sections unlocked (but not everywhere has been explored)
Two of the dungeons done, I'm advancing through the quest for a third one

I had a shot of the Splatoon demo when it was live, otherwise I've not played anything else in the last month.  What a great game.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2017 at 12:45, bunglebonce said:

50+ hours in
40-odd shrines completed
30-ish korok seeds found
All the towers climbed/map sections unlocked (but not everywhere has been explored)
Two of the dungeons done, I'm advancing through the quest for a third one

I had a shot of the Splatoon demo when it was live, otherwise I've not played anything else in the last month.  What a great game.
 

Im still nowhere near you but have managed to get a bit more time on this. Been doing side quests around Hateno village and exploring a little - including finding a shrine right on the cliff edge and getting my arse handed to me by some training guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a house in Hateno - cost me 3000 rupees but it's great because you can store weapons, Shields and bows there. I always have a spare sledgehammer stored there just in case I ever need one at short notice.

I have unlocked the whole map by getting the towers and been doing lots of side quests. Fighting any of the main enemies is way out of my league though. I managed to get to two divine beasts, get inside, do the puzzle bits but then get nowhere close to defeating the end boss so bailed.

How do you see how many hours you have spent on the game so far?

Also how do you increase your photograph album. Iv been taking photos for my compendium thingy but it seems to only let me take 48?

Off to Goron City today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

I bought a house in Hateno - cost me 3000 rupees but it's great because you can store weapons, Shields and bows there. I always have a spare sledgehammer stored there just in case I ever need one at short notice.

I have unlocked the whole map by getting the towers and been doing lots of side quests. Fighting any of the main enemies is way out of my league though. I managed to get to two divine beasts, get inside, do the puzzle bits but then get nowhere close to defeating the end boss so bailed.

How do you see how many hours you have spent on the game so far?

Also how do you increase your photograph album. Iv been taking photos for my compendium thingy but it seems to only let me take 48?

Off to Goron City today...

Ive got the sidequest to buy the house but Im a couple of thousand rupees short and broke my woodcutters axe :(

Does that quest not lead to another to help the guy build a village.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...