The Legend of Zelda: BREATH OF THE WILD

Anyone else thoroughly enjoying this? Couldn't see a topic so thought I would make one for discussion.

I'm about 60~ hours in and explored about 40% of the map at most. The scale of this game just blows my mind, it's almost too big if anything.

It's incredible this game runs on what is essentially a tablet.

Info here for anyone interested in it:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

Currently has a metacritic (average score) of 97, making it one of the highest rated games of all time.

Yip I'm absolutley loving Zelda and I haven't played a Zelda since the snes version.

It's just so enormous! I have sacked off all the main quests at the moment and just been going orange tower to orange tower to unlock the whole map and hitting the odd shrine in between. Iv nearly done that but there is one tower that is almost impossible to climb due to the enemies surrounding it so iv bailed on it for time being.

I reckon Hyrule must be based on Scotland given all the fucking rain. Never bloody stops

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but you knew you're wrong, right? Horribly, horribly wrong

I know you are joking but there are actually Zelda fanboys who take that stance with anyone lol. Its no different than those arseholes who insist FF7 is the greatest Final Fantasy game(when we all know its 9)

great game so far, like the fact that you have to work at the game, it's not easy!! (this can also be bloody annoying!) it's the first Zelda game my boy has played and the convenience of going to tablet mode and taking the game in the car instead of having to switch off is just brilliant, to me this is a huge advantage for the switch over any other console, just needs some more games to go with Zelda.

50+ hours in
40-odd shrines completed
30-ish korok seeds found
All the towers climbed/map sections unlocked (but not everywhere has been explored)
Two of the dungeons done, I'm advancing through the quest for a third one

I had a shot of the Splatoon demo when it was live, otherwise I've not played anything else in the last month.  What a great game.

On 06/04/2017 at 12:45, bunglebonce said:

50+ hours in
40-odd shrines completed
30-ish korok seeds found
All the towers climbed/map sections unlocked (but not everywhere has been explored)
Two of the dungeons done, I'm advancing through the quest for a third one

I had a shot of the Splatoon demo when it was live, otherwise I've not played anything else in the last month.  What a great game.

Im still nowhere near you but have managed to get a bit more time on this. Been doing side quests around Hateno village and exploring a little - including finding a shrine right on the cliff edge and getting my arse handed to me by some training guardian

I bought a house in Hateno - cost me 3000 rupees but it's great because you can store weapons, Shields and bows there. I always have a spare sledgehammer stored there just in case I ever need one at short notice.

I have unlocked the whole map by getting the towers and been doing lots of side quests. Fighting any of the main enemies is way out of my league though. I managed to get to two divine beasts, get inside, do the puzzle bits but then get nowhere close to defeating the end boss so bailed.

How do you see how many hours you have spent on the game so far?

Also how do you increase your photograph album. Iv been taking photos for my compendium thingy but it seems to only let me take 48?

Off to Goron City today...

22 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

I bought a house in Hateno - cost me 3000 rupees but it's great because you can store weapons, Shields and bows there. I always have a spare sledgehammer stored there just in case I ever need one at short notice.

I have unlocked the whole map by getting the towers and been doing lots of side quests. Fighting any of the main enemies is way out of my league though. I managed to get to two divine beasts, get inside, do the puzzle bits but then get nowhere close to defeating the end boss so bailed.

How do you see how many hours you have spent on the game so far?

Also how do you increase your photograph album. Iv been taking photos for my compendium thingy but it seems to only let me take 48?

Off to Goron City today...

Ive got the sidequest to buy the house but Im a couple of thousand rupees short and broke my woodcutters axe :(

Does that quest not lead to another to help the guy build a village.