ICT V Killie

Massive game for both sides on Saturday....

A win for Killie probably sees us avoiding the bottom spot for this season.

An ICT win and we're right back in the midst of it.

I fancy us to get a result... 2-1 Killie.

We've only lost once at home to Killie in the league in something like ten years however I don't have much confidence in us securing three points on Saturday. Suspect a 1 - 1 draw is a likely outcome but this doesn't do us any favours whatsoever. We need to start winning games now.

We have looked a wee bit better at the back in recent weeks but I think that's more been down to Draper being returned to a deeper midfield position in place of Vigurs and it has also seen Tansey come onto a much better game as well. I don't feel like we've offered to much going forward with a lot of punts up to Mckay and Anier with their backs to goal rather than over the top of the defence for them to chase.

Additionally, we seem to be relying on our full backs to provide all the width in the side which isn't ridiculous given our 3 - 5 - 2 approach in the last couple of games but the crossing from Raven and Tremarco hasn't been great and they struggle to beat a man to get a ball in to attack. Warren still hasn't looked great and I think he is probably below Laing and McCart in the pecking order now if we play two centre backs.

I'd really like to see us go back to a more settled 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 set up along the following lines (dependin gon injuries and suspensions):

Fon Williams
Raven Laing McCart Tremarco
Tansey Draper
Mulraney Polworth King
Mckay

Image result for inverness kilmarnock    Image result for nothing   Image result for inverness kilmarnockImage result for two

Yes, I'm bored.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIyJjknI7iO2JBdQkTUTOoCH1Q8ziBn7d2jZBeFFEZzSv1DJijeg    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI3heroLKhltk6kvMR9WYWeO1WHz_7tjydOfmMHvHqBHVrC-REPg   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFpnRdrZ_gZBvMkPT558gNk_HUhkPtpUcGfHfTfV5N3v5o7GVVqgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpgYnuUcjcyX_uTk24EZjb9LfiyTwIBKSYBoOi-XEjvOk4KpsD

Yes, I'm bored.

I

Will

Take

That.

I'm

Not

Bored

I'm

Just

Being

A

Dick

Letting the train take the strain for this one,travelling up on Friday and staying til Sunday. 

Hopefully an away win. Our record up there is brutal of late though, fed up seeing us not turn up. 

Hopefully this changes on Saturday. Think the last time we won there was midweek December 2010 and i stayed that night too. Hopefully an omen.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Letting the train take the strain for this one,travelling up on Friday and staying til Sunday. 

Hopefully an away win. Our record up there is brutal of late though, fed up seeing us not turn up. 

Hopefully this changes on Saturday. Think the last time we won there was midweek December 2010 and i stayed that night too. Hopefully an omen.

I hope your train breaks down and your hotel room floods!

Enjoy your stay at home.

None of this ending hoodoo pish here thank you very much!

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Maybe if the club took the same approach we'd do better up there. Travelling up by bus and arriving at lunch time can't be the best preparation. 

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Do Killie not stay overnight? I've seen the Motherwell and Aberdeen buses parked outside the Kingsmills Hotel prior to games up here in the past.

Nope. Our bus leaves about the same time as the supporters club bus. 

Its a fancy bus but it can't be ideal

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Do Killie not stay overnight? I've seen the Motherwell and Aberdeen buses parked outside the Kingsmills Hotel prior to games up here in the past.

We haven't recently, although we did last season for the Sunday lunchtime game.

Happy-April-Fools-Day-g123.gif

Lets feckin hope that it will be a Happy April Fools Day :thumsup2

Every game from now until the end of the season should be placed in the MUST WIN category - especially those at home against sides in the close proximity to us in the league - Kilmarnock being the current prime example.

Unfortunately they are on a pretty good run at the moment and EIGHT points clear of us and clear contenders for a Top Six place. And they will probably be fired up as they have the Old Filth and the Jam Tarts in the three games after us.

And it probably emphasises the dilemma that we are in that you can't help but look at the fixtures of Spamilton, Muversmell, Tinkerville and Dungdee.

So will Mr. Foran surprise us yet again with another system, another team selection. Will he go for defence or attack. Will he pack the midfield and ignore the wide players in our pack. Will he persist with the "old school" and the ineffective Estonian.

Unfortunately I suspect that he will play the same starting X1 as he did against Tinkerville - and the same bench. And that is NO April Fool but Mr. Foran could earn the award of Mr April Fool's Day FOOL. :bairn

Tremarco and Vigurs both out injured.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Double-injury-blow-for-Caley-Thistle-27032017.htm

Vigurs I'm not too fussed about but Tremarco is a big loss for us. He's improved massively since Shinnie left and whilst he isn't as good as Diet Shinniesta he's still capable at left back and has weighed in with a few goals this season too.

On 3/28/2017 at 07:41, whiskychimp said:

Nope. Our bus leaves about the same time as the supporters club bus. 

Its a fancy bus but it can't be ideal

Think I'm right in saying Kilmarnock is the only game ICT regularly stay overnight for.  Aside from cup finals and midday kick-offs and stuff.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Think I'm right in saying Kilmarnock is the only game ICT regularly stay overnight for.  Aside from cup finals and midday kick-offs and stuff.

It makes sense. We all know how shit we feel after travelling for such a long time. 

I'm studying for a mahoosive exam so I shall ignore the football entirely and glance at BT Score around 5:45. I fully expect a 1-1 or a narrow 2-1 either way.
And almost certainly

Almost certainly whit ??? Ffs finish your sentence killienick.....

Archived