Hawick Royal Albert 2-4 East Stirlingshire

ConnorLamb

Cheers for taking the time to do that. The no.14  for Shire was  Steven Brisbane.

My first visit to Hawick, what a cracking club. Very impressed with the ground and the people 

Cheers for taking the time to post this. Were you one of the 2 guys going round the crowd with the clickers counting the crowd ? I liked that, especially when they pointed to someone with a smile and mouthed "you" and then clicked. Personal eye contact and interaction with those who have been clicked and counted is the way forward !

Saturday night footy at Hawick was fun and I only just got home tonight ! The ground hoppers did add to the occasion and the guys I spoke to were all genuine, enthusiastic and knowledgeable but more importantly nice people.HRA put on a great night and were very friendly. Fabby pies !

I saw a large blue and white meteor on the the drive north after the game. Strangely I saw another last night in Kintyre,  this time an orange fireball. No idea what it all means but I'm expecting a 3rd any day now over Falkirk which is black and white signalling great portents for the Zebras ! I really did see those 1st two meteorites, the 3rd one is maybe just wishful thinking.

Good report. Great to get the 'groundhoppers' to visit Albert Park and thanks too to the E.S. fans who made the journey down to the Borders. A couple of real characters supporting E.S. too adding to the fun, namely the guy who stood with his top off behind the Albert goal in the first half and the lady with the 'It's A Ten From Jen' placard.

Really entertaining game too despite my team's defeat. Just a pity that our goalkeeper soured the evening by losing the plot. He's experienced enough to know better. Getting booked for mouthing to the referee was bad enough but to continue with his barrage after it and receive the red was just plain stupid, especially as we are already struggling for players and have some really important league games still to play.

Thank you to everyone who attended. Overall, a good Saturday night out. I fair enjoyed eet.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 22:20, Dead said:

Cheers for taking the time to post this. Were you one of the 2 guys going round the crowd with the clickers counting the crowd ? I liked that, especially when they pointed to someone with a smile and mouthed "you" and then clicked. Personal eye contact and interaction with those who have been clicked and counted is the way forward !

Saturday night footy at Hawick was fun and I only just got home tonight ! The ground hoppers did add to the occasion and the guys I spoke to were all genuine, enthusiastic and knowledgeable but more importantly nice people.HRA put on a great night and were very friendly. Fabby pies !

I saw a large blue and white meteor on the the drive north after the game. Strangely I saw another last night in Kintyre,  this time an orange fireball. No idea what it all means but I'm expecting a 3rd any day now over Falkirk which is black and white signalling great portents for the Zebras ! I really did see those 1st two meteorites, the 3rd one is maybe just wishful thinking.

The 2 guys with the clickers would have been Chris and Laurence, the groundhop organisers. They do that at all the games.

Did the whole Saturday groundhop. and the Hawick v ES game was a great way to end it, Great game, good friendly atmosphere, the weather helped and first time I've been to Hawick under the floodlights.  Well done to all involved. Maybe Saturday night football is the way forward?

Archived