POLL - Should Junior Clubs be part of the Pyramid Structure?

kefc

POLL - Is it Time Junior Clubs Were Part Of The Pyramid?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

No I didn't.

Straight from your own mouth: posted February 5th this year in response to TartanTony.

"Nobody called my boss m8, you might have got a little confused when you were desperate to get poor 8mile banned by sharing his PMs."

Better luck next time, swing & a miss, etc. 8)

40 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

No he's BTK, bore torture kill.

Dear oh dear, Kilbowie2002, just when we all thought you couldn't sink much lower. PMing someone forever sneering about "Junior thickos" over in GN to come over here to stir the pot (only to fall on his face again)?  Bit obvious when you "just happen" to be posting shortly after.

Weren't you the one moaning not so long about non-Junior fans coming in here to cause trouble & pulling threads off topic - only to be encouraging it yourself? Wow, and all over a case of feeling sore after making an arse of yourself on here last week.

Still, at least you're not bothered about it.

VWr6I.gif

There is one crumb of comfort - who would have thought Bobby would have shown himself happy to do some "Junior thicko"'s dirty work? Perhaps it's not the Junior fans that are the thickos after all.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't phone my boss, they emailed my work you fucking lunatic which was the point of the joke at the time.

Rather scary that you bookmarked that btw.

ETA: Bible John embarrassing himself on home turf. Just give up before you get banned like you did on the Sims Forum m8.

Oh has he replied to you? I've stuck him on ignore, its more fun that way. Starve him of the attention and he will go away.

Nah it doesn't work. Couple of the north Ayrshire clowns have done it to me and QT. They still bite when they see our quotes shared lol.

Why ban on a forum? The main reason for a forum is for different views. If you want your opinion agreed with then go to a Clydebank only webpage.

On 11/04/2017 at 09:54, The Mantis said:

I think it's a symptom of what's wrong with the whole web forums concept that a mild disagreement on a couple of points, out of many, can be construed as taking the hump. There was a recent thread where a guy said if we were having a discussion in the pub, it would last five minutes and everybody would move on. Instead there are people on here that have despised each other for years :lol: btw you appeared to be taking the hump at the Pars guy :whistle

Right, you've used 'each to his own' twice and I've used it once, so - each to his own :lol:

fwiw, this Saturday I've got a choice of Whitehill at home (my avatar) or ICT at Motherwell. But I'll probably end up watching the big Rose at Glenafton...

Think I'll join you at Glenafton Mantis should be a cracker. 

Ive no problem with differing views mate, I appreciate a decent bit of debate, but bore torture kill is a complete psychopath. I've absolutely no time for debating with people who have claimed they've gone to the mitchell library to research facts for a p&b post. Have a look at the stuff folks have found out about the guy on Sim's forums and his behaviour on other threads, contacting universities and planning out a posters exam timetables to try and prove him wrong in a post and then trying to find out other posters identities then sending/posting images of them, creepy behaviour at best. Like I said I've no worried disagreeing with people had some really great discussions with lots of posters, especially on this thread but folks like WTM should seek some help.

I'll agree that WTM is a bit of an idiot. Reading some of his quotes he comes over as an angry person.
Maybe something underlying in his personal life is going on.

Still saying LL rather than EoS. Not sure what to make of that.

'A crack at the lowland league'

That may suggest a willingness to play a 'sacrifice' year in EoS.(possibly with the suggested duel teams).

Alternatively it may be a suggestion their has been a *nudge nudge* *wink wink* that a lowland league split may happen, thereby giving direct access to 'lowland league'

I wonder if we'll ever find out what was discussed last night? Even if Bo'ness could be found a place in the league they still don't have a licence and previous quote said there was some work to do to tick the boxes

Leith Athletic manager was in evening news tonight saying he would welcome the competition

Hopefully we're edging closer to a LL split and a merger of Juniors with SoS and EoS. We've now reached the point where the SJFA (and SFA to an extent) can no longer bury their heads in the sand.

I'm not sure that any of the Junior clubs concerned are realistic about going to the backwaters of the EoS. It's sabre rattling to get real and much needed change on the table. It has worked so far.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It might (or might not) surprise you to know how little people involved in "the game" know about this type of thing. He probably hasn't thought about that possibility.

Higher up you still get people that should know better going on about  Celtic joining the English Premier League, ignoring UEFA rules and about 2 dozen levels of a pyramid.

Might tie into challenge cup entry somehow, if adding the RoI teams means one fewer fron the LL and HL next season? Suspect it would have been the committee more than the supporters that would care about that kind of thing given they have a clearer picture on what it takes to keep a club afloat financially.

10k top 3? Like to know where that quote comes from no that we've ever been close to top 3 [emoji3]       

Top 2 would be about that.

Auto entry to Scottish second round = £2k (r1) + £4k (r2) and challenge cup R1 about £3.5k. That's without winning a game in those competitions the next season. Win in round 2 it's another £6k for r3 and win the challenge cup first round I'm sure it was around £5k more.

Winner gets more (league cup entry on top of that). Does second get league cup too, I can't remember?

Third and fourth would be £2k for auto Scottish first round entry and £3.5k for challenge cup.

No prize money for the LL itself that I'm aware of, it's the competitions you qualify for and at what stage the next season based on where you finish, plus how far you progress in those competitions.

FYI - if a team get relegated from SPFL2, they get the same as the winners of the LL based on previous seasons standings (Scottish r2, League cup and challenge cup), on top of their 40k (has been quoted in press but I've not been able to verify) year 1 parachute payment, plus the (again, quoted in press but I've not verified) ~32k for finishing bottom of SPFL2, meaning they have a huge financial advantage over the rest of the league. This season was an anomaly in that regard as EK had the Celtic money to compete with the Shire.

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

No prize money for the LL itself that I'm aware of

Correct.

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Auto entry to Scottish second round = £2k (r1) + £4k (r2) and challenge cup R1 about £3.5k. That's without winning a game in those competitions the next season. Win in round 2 it's another £6k for r3 and win the challenge cup first round I'm sure it was around £5k more.

Late entry to the Scottish isn't always ideal. Whitehill got there in 2013 after winning the league. Their reward was an away tie at Stirling Albion which was about as tough as it could be without getting a warm up against somebody easier. To their credit they got a 2-2 draw before being unlucky in the replay where they lost a goal in stoppage time. Both ties got 5-600 crowds. However I'm assuming the likes of Talbot or Bonnyrigg can play their way easily through the prelim rounds and get the gate money on top of whatever appearance money there is?

Junior clubs should be forced to join the pyramid program. Or they get left behind, which would suit some of their bigoted and backward fans. But they would be rotting and useless

Scottish FA need to grow some balls with the dinosaurs within the old Junior FA

Something else I've been hearing. The LL/EOSL has hosted 3 successful groundhops (OK, not everybody's taste but they make money). There's been talks with the Juniors but apparently the sticking point is being inflexible with the fixtures and kickoff times.

2 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Junior clubs should be forced to join the pyramid program. Or they get left behind, which would suit some of their bigoted and backward fans. But they would be rotting and useless

Scottish FA need to grow some balls with the dinosaurs within the old Junior FA

Try and keep up please, we don't have a pyramid, that is the point! 

Archived