POLL - Should Junior Clubs be part of the Pyramid Structure?

kefc

POLL - Is it Time Junior Clubs Were Part Of The Pyramid?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My profile pic is of a Scottish Cup winning legend who has also taken the Albion from the threat of relegation to 4 points off the promotion play offs.

Talbot Bing yet again stepping up as being one of the biggest thickos on the junior forum.

Oh sorry lol. Did I hit a wee nerve my friend? Ffs that was easy as taking sweeties aff a wean.[emoji476][emoji476]

Now let that sink in every time you pop into the juniors thread.

Nobody actually cares about yer wee team on here. You stick to yer mediocre safety of yer mid to bottom of the league boring fitba with yer massive crowds. [emoji23]????

Mediocre Binos[emoji41]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You wouldn't get into an English league ground with a can.

I have done several times. Whether I should have been allowed is a different matter but a friendly blind eye has always been turned as I've never bothered trying to hide things from stewards, and it's not unusual to see folk standing about the concourse at HT drinking soup out of flasks and the like down there, going to show that they may have rules but they don't apply them with anything like the unrelenting joyless zeal as at Scottish grounds. 

Oh sorry lol. Did I hit a wee nerve my friend? Ffs that was easy as taking sweeties aff a wean.[emoji476][emoji476]

Now let that sink in every time you pop into the juniors thread.

Nobody actually cares about yer wee team on here. You stick to yer mediocre safety of yer mid to bottom of the league boring fitba with yer massive crowds. [emoji23]????

Mediocre Binos[emoji41]

If you want to call that a bite be my guest.

You stick to being unambitious and making up crowd figures bud x

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I have done several times. Whether I should have been allowed is a different matter but a friendly blind eye has always been turned as I've never bothered trying to hide things from stewards, and it's not unusual to see folk standing about the concourse at HT drinking soup out of flasks and the like down there, going to show that they may have rules but they don't apply them with anything like the unrelenting joyless zeal as at Scottish grounds. 

I've seen folk having bags search for such like, must depend on what ground you go to.

Aww a wee kiss, thanks [emoji7][emoji7]

You only come on here to down the juniors.

Let's be honest you don't like or rate the Juniors.

So the question is why do you come on at all?

Do you get some sort of gratification or do you enjoy the power knowing your team are better?

C'mon open up let us all know. [emoji4]????

55 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Seriously - why is everything about juniors and the SPFL about being "unambitious"?

There are 160 sides in the juniors who, I don't doubt, very much want to be the best they can be - but outside a small cluster of them, most are far more focused on guaranteeing their survival and competing. Only a few can realistically - at the moment - look at senior fitba. Do you know how much prize money exists in the juniors, for instance? I've always said its remarkable that there are junior clubs achieving decent financial backing for little reward (no fixture lists, lights, progression etc) - and these sides could do very well in the seniors. Until the various bodies running our game get their heads together, we'll never see widespread change.

I'm not dismissing the superb work sides across the junior-senior spectrum have done on and off the pitch - Spartans, for instance, can raise over £200,000 through their Spartans Academy for social schemes including street fitba and residential breaks, St Roch's Foundation runs homework clubs in one of the most deprived areas in Glasgow, Blackburn and Haddington, both well represented here, have extensive community clubs while the sides have punched above their weights on the field. Ambition doesn't just mean playing in a certain league system!

Junior and senior fans on Pie and Bov are never going to agree when there are SPFL fans who suggest the panacea to all oor games problems is that junior sides "join the seniors" as is repeated nearly weekly here these days. The Lowland League has been fantastic for EK and Edinburgh City, for instance- both sides with decent facilities and backings - though don't forget Threave found it too much of a step up after thee seasons. My team Largs, for instance, would face 80 mile return trips at least in the Lowland League (with most trips to the East Coast being double this) - a far bigger travel package than Kelty and Bo'ness for instance, who have both signalled some ambition to go down the senior route. Its been said before, but there's no non-league senior history to go by on this West Coast - a hastily-arranged Lowland League won't change that overnight.

I remind you, you did call the juniors a "backwards standard of football" in the East forum... when East of Scotland sides went to the juniors!

Rant over - this board is becoming a pretty bad place these days for a variety of reasons. I would like to add I firmly support the pyramid and want the very best for my own club - but there are no easy solutions, unlike what some on P&B think!

Junior and senior fans on Pie and Bov are never going to agree when there are SPFL fans who suggest the panacea to all oor games problems is that junior sides "join the seniors" as is repeated nearly weekly here these days. 

It has never been 'join the seniors' and looking at it from that angle is needlessly defensive.

The entire point in their shouldn't be juniors or seniors or amateurs for that fact, we want to build a progressive lesgue system.

I'd be interested in knowing what it is people enjoy about watching the team they support.
For me, I like walking round the corner to watch my town's team. I like paying £6 and £3 for my daughter. I like not being frisked or my bag searched to see if I'm bringing a bottle of juice in with me, and that it's ok for me to bring juice in. I like paying £1.60 for a decent steak pie and £1 for a can of coke. I like standing on the halfway line, or standing anywhere that suits me depending on the weather or what way we're shooting, or sitting on the grass on a sunny evening. I like being able to walk round and talk to people I know. I like the choice of paying another £1.50 for a seat in the stand. I like that my wee boy can kick a ball around with the other kids on the grass behind one of the goals. I like that people can bring their dog. And though I don't smoke, I like that it's one of the few places left a guy can go with a cigar or a pipe. 
My team play football that's as enjoyable to watch as any team below full-time level. I get the excitement of annual Scottish Cup runs, and regular deep runs in the Junior Cup.
I was talking to a Ross County fan recently who was trying to persuade me that my team, Linlithgow Rose, could reach their level. Honestly, I'd hate that and I'd stop attending regularly. Pay £24 and £10 for my daughter to watch football that's hardly scintillating, in a league we could never possibly hope to win, being forced to sit and told where to sit, so unable to go chat to people? It's not for me.
I don't think most non-league supporters are looking for exactly the same things as supporters of big teams. Am I wrong?

Absolutely nailed it [emoji106]

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It has never been 'join the seniors' and looking at it from that angle is needlessly defensive.

The entire point in their shouldn't be juniors or seniors or amateurs for that fact, we want to build a progressive lesgue system.

Seen a bit of it on Pie and Bov - fae the long thread efter Morton - a potential Premiership side - hammered Beith. Joining the pyramid can't be an ambition for a small number of clubs!

On 12/6/2016 at 01:08, Sunrise said:

Considering there is next to no prize money in junior football though - the Junior Cup winners get £12000 - the financial gap with the juniors is startling.

Our income from last season is a fraction of Clyde's - that £80000+ from the SFA would sustain almost all Junior sides... with more than a bit to spare.

On 12/6/2016 at 01:18, 1320Lichtie said:

Well... You know what to do. Get your facilities up to scratch and join the pyramid. If you don't want to that's fine I can understand why some don't want to but at the same time don't have a go. Every senior team in world football receives prize money depending on where they finish in their leagues.

The amount we have spent on Gayfield since I started going is ridiculous but it's all been an investment, the prize money we get from the league is just a fraction of what we generate ourselves. Extremely annoying seeing people say we are subsidised. The club puts a tonne of work in and its backed by a lot of people in the community.

Agree my friend but you jane to look at the head of the game and that's the SFA. History and fans come together warts and all with juniors so you can't just steamroll away them for the sake of some set up thst is ridiculous to any level headed person.

If they actually regionalised the Junior's, EOS and LL/HL you might get a better system not all this you have to join us to move on pi$h.

Most will agree there isn't much difference quality between all these leagues

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

Actually yes, you can take a bottle of juice into pro rugby and internationals. The rule at Murrayfield is a bottle up to 500ml is fine. You also don't get your bag searched going into Scotstoun. Glasgow Warriors attendances have quadrupled in the last 6-7 years, they're now much better supported than Partick Thistle and are looking to extend their ground again. Football's got a lot to learn from rugby. 

Players in Leagues One and Two may be slightly more effective than those in Junior Superleagues, but with few exceptions they sure as hell don't play more attractive or entertaining football. As for the Junior record against them, I've seen Rose beat Forfar, Bo'ness comfortably beat Queen's Park and Beith scare the bejeesus out of Airdrie. You're right, they're bound to raise their game but I know the standard's good enough. 

I don't know why you feel the need to take the hump at what I'm saying btw. The point of my first post in this thread is that I wonder if fans of Junior clubs are looking for something categorically different from those following big clubs. Linlithgow Rose could never be an Ross County or ICT, they always had serious potential, but Rose could be an Annan, Peterhead or Elgin. I'd rather pay £9 for me and my daughter to watch Rose play Kelty and Bonnyrigg, with all the freedoms you get with non-league football, than £18-19 to watch them play Albion Rovers and Arbroath with the restrictions. No offence to those clubs but being in a league with them would be nothing special for me. There's no right or better answer, I'm not criticising other people's choices, it's a personal opinion and it's each to their own.

I think it's a symptom of what's wrong with the whole web forums concept that a mild disagreement on a couple of points, out of many, can be construed as taking the hump. There was a recent thread where a guy said if we were having a discussion in the pub, it would last five minutes and everybody would move on. Instead there are people on here that have despised each other for years :lol: btw you appeared to be taking the hump at the Pars guy :whistle

Right, you've used 'each to his own' twice and I've used it once, so - each to his own :lol:

fwiw, this Saturday I've got a choice of Whitehill at home (my avatar) or ICT at Motherwell. But I'll probably end up watching the big Rose at Glenafton...

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I think it's a symptom of what's wrong with the whole web forums concept that a mild disagreement on a couple of points, out of many, can be construed as taking the hump. There was a recent thread where a guy said if we were having a discussion in the pub, it would last five minutes and everybody would move on. Instead there are people on here that have despised each other for years :lol: btw you appeared to be taking the hump at the Pars guy :whistle

It is only on here and mainly because it is tacitly encouraged by the owner as good for his advertising revenue.

On 4/11/2017 at 09:54, The Mantis said:

fwiw, this Saturday I've got a choice of Whitehill at home (my avatar) or ICT at Motherwell. But I'll probably end up watching the big Rose at Glenafton...

Enjoy, should be a cracker.

(In other seasons I'd object to that 'big Rose' bait... ^_^)

On 08/04/2017 at 09:18, WaffenThinMint said:

1. "Dont you have someones boss to email?"

And from the top - Bobby Skidmarks admitted several months ago he made the whole thing up to get a laugh out of the resulting shitstorm it created as everyone claimed they "knew" who did it. No wonder he refers to "Junior thickos" 

No I didn't. 

WTM is Bible John.

Archived