POLL - Should Junior Clubs be part of the Pyramid Structure?

kefc

POLL - Is it Time Junior Clubs Were Part Of The Pyramid?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says, everyone seems to has an opinion from different clubs.

Now that Auchinleck and Kelty have had negative feedback back from their SFA Licence applications due to not committing to the EOS and SOS League is it now time Clubs wanting to improve to have the glass ceiling removed?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This again??

I think the pertinent question is do the majority of the clubs want a pyramid?

From my own experience the answer is no

Looking at it from the outside, a successful junior club would compete in SFL2 and probably not much higher, which involves trips to Elgin, Annan, Berwick, Forfar etc,do you realistically see crowds improving or declining under that scenario?

Even in the unlikely event of pulling a "big club" in one of the cups, most junior grounds wouldnt be up to scratch and the game would be moved

If a club wants to try there is a pathway at the moment, the fact not many have made the move maybe tells you something

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Here we go again.

Lets have a sweep for how many pages this one will run for :D

Not many I think unless it turns into a complete shitefest. I think anybody who wants a say has had one in one of the other threads

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

Not many I think unless it turns into a complete shitefest. I think anybody who wants a say has had one in one of the other threads

Lost my quote :o

That's my point how many threads has there been on this subject, does it really need another one?

6 minutes ago, kefc said:

It's more of a Poll as opposed to a thread, no ones asking for a discussion.

It'll still turn into a discussion I think though. 

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

And the polls so far would indicate that there is a fair amount on here that would welcome junior teams joining the pyramid system/ and a lowland league split into east/west.

Whether 50 or 500 votes its  hardly Gonnae revolutionalise non league football in this country though. 

49 minutes ago, Kilsyth Gers said:

I think the pertinent question is do the majority of the clubs want a pyramid?

From my own experience the answer is no

Tbf, the Juniors already have 3 pyramids.

If the Superduperleague had happened it'd have been 1 complete one (except for the North Region not being connected to the Superduperleague).

Question is probably more whether the separate Junior pyramid(s) should integrate with the senior non-leagues, and connect to SPFL and/or HL & LL.

5 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

"Superduperleague" :lol:

Tbf I didn't necessarily invent that; one of the tabloids did or maybe it was 'Super Superleague'.

After all what else can you use for shorthand of something above a Superleague and a SuperPremier.

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf I didn't necessarily invent that; one of the tabloids did or maybe it was 'Super Superleague'.

After all what else can you use for shorthand of something above a Superleague and a SuperPremier.

Can you empty some of your PM's please, trying to send you a message but appears to be full.

One of the attractions to junior football is not being part of the pyramid. If your not Celtic or Rangers, you don't seem to matter.

Spot on. Hold firm Mr Johnstone and keep the juniors junior would be my plea if he is reading this.

Spot on. Hold firm Mr Johnstone and keep the juniors junior would be my plea if he is reading this.

Don't understand this. What really would change other than a chance at promotion. It might bring more money into the game which at the moment clubs get little to no financial support. It might give a chance to market the game better, with the knock on effect being increased attendances.

This juniors shouldn't change article is what is holding the game back.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the next one up is hyper, with the one immediately below super being ultra.

Amazed that hasn't catched on, as I can imagine the notion of being relegated to an Ultra League instead of a Championship being a salve to a certain type of fan.

Yes but a revamp is needed.

Top 2 national leagues of 16 and then below that regional leagues split into north, east and west (don't see enough teams in the south league to have more than 1 league) 16 tean leagues. Regional leagues can have further regional splits in them if needed.

Bottom 2 in the national league and top 2 in the 3 regional leagues drop into a mini nock out tournament with the final 2 taking part in the national league.

Regional leagues 2 up 2 down.

Archived