Brechin via Livingston The Tattie Field Derby

Love and Trouten clearly aren't fit enough to start otherwise they would have. I don't think Caldwell was played because Dods thought he was a better option.

On the plus side both players got a run out late on and coupled with a couple of training sessions midweek, hopefully they will be fit enough to start in what is a massive 6 pointer next week.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston goalie was shaking his head when city fans jeered Caldwell as he was leaving pitch ...Don t know if it was in disgust  at jeering or he d also noticed his lack of effort .... 

It sounds harsh on the lad but his attitude has to be seen to be believed...

One thing for sure Dods can t risk him again as we need 11 men on the park ... 

How's Liam Watt been doing for you since signing ? Thought he was Brechin's best player yesterday, tried his best to make things happen. 

He was never going to get into our team, not with the form of Byrne and Pittman, then signing Millar and Jacobs he was well down the pecking order so wasn't going to get many chances. 

Yeah it was a shame about Watt, looked a good player but It was an area we were very strong in. It's the same for Sinclair, he looked good against Brechin the last game he got a run out but he just can't get a game with the players we've got all doing superbly playing there.

Ogilvie looks a decent prospect in that position too, he'll maybe get a game or two once we get over the line winning the league.

8 minutes ago, slangs said:

The Caldwell thing gets worse by the week so along with questioning his efforts/ability his confidence must b nil.don't think many of us cud take getting booed off the park

Strangely enough all the things being said about him at Brechin are the same as Cowdenbeath fans said about him. I have never said anything about his ability, I do think he has ability its his lack of desire and workrate that gets me, now take Fusco with the best will in the world not the most gifted player but give 110% every week and it is appreciated by the fans for his commitment. As for booing I pay my money and I am  quite entitled to make my feelings known. I don't think he got boo'd off, from what I could hear fans were cheering;)

Every player that plays shud give100% and there are players wi Brechin that r paid handsomely so please stop this he gives 110% because the ones u relate to shud b doing more.absolutely pisses me that we back players to the hilt that shud be doing so much better. Jacko is it for me he has been magic. As for the so called experienced players fucking lacking big time. We hav a few young guys desperate to make a way in football being let down big time. So let's stop kidding ourselves on because we run about trying to produce the goods. The team has done brilliant this season no doubts and we r where we shud be. But let's stop giving plaudits to the Ones that shud b doing the business anyway. Sorry for the rant

2 hours ago, slangs said:

Every player that plays shud give100% and there are players wi Brechin that r paid handsomely so please stop this he gives 110% because the ones u relate to shud b doing more.absolutely pisses me that we back players to the hilt that shud be doing so much better. Jacko is it for me he has been magic. As for the so called experienced players fucking lacking big time. We hav a few young guys desperate to make a way in football being let down big time. So let's stop kidding ourselves on because we run about trying to produce the goods. The team has done brilliant this season no doubts and we r where we shud be. But let's stop giving plaudits to the Ones that shud b doing the business anyway. Sorry for th

2 hours ago, slangs said:

Every player that plays shud give100% and there are players wi Brechin that r paid handsomely so please stop this he gives 110% because the ones u relate to shud b doing more.absolutely pisses me that we back players to the hilt that shud be doing so much better. Jacko is it for me he has been magic. As for the so called experienced players fucking lacking big time. We hav a few young guys desperate to make a way in football being let down big time. So let's stop kidding ourselves on because we run about trying to produce the goods. The team has done brilliant this season no doubts and we r where we shud be. But let's stop giving plaudits to the Ones that shud b doing the business anyway. Sorry for the rant

Well said :whistle

6 hours ago, slangs said:

I disagree , Caldwell 22 love 24 aren't what I would call experienced pros they are two of the most blatant work shy players in our team, and if love wasn't a goal scorer he wouldn't be playing in our starting 11 but he is a goal scorer, trouts has been a hit or a miss and has had injury problems.

dale 27 Fusco 34 jackson 29 hill 32 dyer 30 McLean 27 are all what I'd call our experienced players and tho all have had bad games at some point this year non can be said to be not given there all, are we forgetting we only have added 3 players to our starting 11 and that has been the different this year from being in a relegation battle and being in the top four for most of the year

Six seasoned players mentioned, one doing the biz, that's half the team by the way so wats the disagreement?? So the new boys have made the difference.well hail the new boys. I'm tryin to say experience shud b leading the way . Missed out buzz by the way that's 7

8 hours ago, slangs said:

Six seasoned players mentioned, one doing the biz, that's half the team by the way so wats the disagreement?? So the new boys have made the difference.well hail the new boys. I'm tryin to say experience shud b leading the way . Missed out buzz by the way that's 7

Your saying only Jacko is doing the biz? I think it's clear to see Dodds signings have helped us this season, not against Livingston who have had our number all season, we had the best defensive record until our injury crisis which seen all our young players graham lynas ford caldwell rodgers who'll all have equipped them self well (Caldwell excluded) they aren't of the quality of dyer McLean Mccormack and Jackson at this point in there career 

I disagree , Caldwell 22 love 24 aren't what I would call experienced pros they are two of the most blatant work shy players in our team,

How do you get that ? Totally agree about Caldwell but Love has been one of our best players this season far from work shy always gives his all when he came on on Saturday with trouten it changed the game and gave us a more attacking threat

38 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

How do you get that ? Totally agree about Caldwell but Love has been one of our best players this season far from work shy always gives his all when he came on on Saturday with trouten it changed the game and gave us a more attacking threat

Love has scored goals but is work rate isn't what I would call high, he ducks out of headers and pulls out of tackles, I can handle what love give us as he does contribute with goals

6 minutes ago, slangs said:

For me Jacko is doing wat the experienced players shud all b doing. the young lads have been great but need the older lads to b better to help them thru games.

Jacko is no doubt a good player but because he is scoring doesn't mean he's the only one of our players leading by example , the young boys have done a job but non of them should be anywhere near playing in our starting line up, effort doesn't = ability (it does help tho) our only players lacking effort in my eyes is Caldwell and love but as I've said il except that from love if he keeps putting the ball in the net

Ross Caldwell = Player with a bit about him but with no desire / hunger for the game = Get him tae F--- oot fae the Glebe, as I said previously same things all said about him by Cowdenbeath fans and they were spot on. Cannot agree about Love think he has done well for us this year and deserves his place we definitely improved when him and Trouten came on. 

Jacko is no doubt a good player but because he is scoring doesn't mean he's the only one of our players leading by example , the young boys have done a job but non of them should be anywhere near playing in our starting line up, effort doesn't = ability (it does help tho) our only players lacking effort in my eyes is Caldwell and love but as I've said il except that from love if he keeps putting the ball in the net

Non of the young boys shud b anywhere near the 1st team ?? Must have some 1st team.I've not cn it yet then.

Non of the young boys shud b anywhere near the 1st team ?? Must have some 1st team.I've not cn it yet then.

I thought that this type of typing died out years ago. I thought only 14 year old girls typed like this.

Archived