Wheeler dealers

Gaz FFC

On 08/09/2021 at 15:47, Trackdaybob said:

I didn't mind Ant in the slightest. Good guy, knows his shit. 

I did mind it going 'all american' though, although I fully understand why Brewer chose to go that way. Even though it wasn't as good as the earlier UK based WD, it was still better than anything the americans put out. What with their constant shouting, whooping and high-fives. Get in the sea. 

The American thing was fine if they were doing something really special. But if I want to watch people working on classic muscle cars then I'd watch Iron Resurrection or Bitchin Rides. Joe Martin and Dave Kindig were doing things to a far higher standard than Mike and Ant were. Most of the episodes were just a bit crap. There's just more interest in working on European cars for a show like Wheeler Dealers than run of the mill American stuff, and they never did the really interesting cars as well as other shows.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/10/2021 at 21:40, Trackdaybob said:

Land Rover tonight.

I do like a Landy :) 

Didn’t expect to like it but the paint job/finish they gave it was incredible.

Looking forward to the Renault 5 Turbo coming up soon. My cousin had an identical one. Rolled it into a field. Was fine, got out and was promptly bitten by a sheepdog and had to go to hospital.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
On 17/10/2021 at 14:15, statts1976uk said:
So who would you pick to work on your car? Edd, Ant, Elvis or Fuzz from Car SOS? I like all of them but Fuzz for me.

Fuzz as long as his annoying pal Tim is nowhere to be seen. Failing that, Edd.

The Lamborghini Espada a few series back was my mate's Dad's car.

Couldn't believe it when I saw him on it. He gave me the story behind it all and said both Tim and Fuzz were great and Tim particularly isn't the same when off camera. I can see how he comes across on screen and 'get' how it could be annoying. I too find the scripted 'deals and gags' cringe inducing. But it is all in a good cause. I think what they're doing is great. 

Now I just need to convince them to do motorbikes and pay me a visit ;) 

4 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

The Lamborghini Espada a few series back was my mate's Dad's car.

Couldn't believe it when I saw him on it. He gave me the story behind it all and said both Tim and Fuzz were great and Tim particularly isn't the same when off camera. I can see how he comes across on screen and 'get' how it could be annoying. I too find the scripted 'deals and gags' cringe inducing. But it is all in a good cause. I think what they're doing is great. 

Now I just need to convince them to do motorbikes and pay me a visit ;) 

I had a TIA a few weeks ago and have been trying to tell the wife to send the defender in for a make over as I have a sob story now! They must have have thousands of applications for Landies and I'm recovering well so I'm not holding out much hope!

I don't mind Tim as it's just a persona but reading up on him it turns out he is a highly skilled engineer who was apparently some sort of prodigy.

On 13/09/2021 at 21:54, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I notice they're not applying 'man hours' when they quantify costs, must be a Murican requirement.

This is the bit that always mystifies me. They are claiming a ‘profit’ without accounting for about to thirty hours of labour charges. None of the sales they make actually make a genuine profit.

Enjoyed the latest Evo7 episode there. The end result was relatively reserved thankfully. Was hoping it was another Impreza episode like years ago with Ed China but still enjoyable.
Just caught up with this as well. Thought the wrap they put on it looked a bit rubbish. The first thing I'd be doing if I was the buyer would be peeling that off.