Wheeler dealers

Gaz FFC

Anybody else enjoy this show?

Quite a simple format. They buy a car that's past its best and for a modest price. Spend a few bob restoring it to former glory and the aim is to sell for a profit.

Seen a good few episodes over the years and even though it's all very samey their is something addictive about it.

This morning I learnt that Edd has left which was a big shame as he's a very likeable guy.

Here's his reasons here.

2 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

It's comical seeing those extremely large men driving around in tiny cars.

:lol:

I think it was the Porsche 911 that he looked really ridiculous in.

Mike has a habit of buying tiny 2 seaters and I think it's deliberate. 

Best programme ever. Came across it my student days when I was free to spend my time watching daytime telly.

Seems to have gone a bit big time now with them going over to America. I think I preferred it when they bought average cars and Ed sorted them out in some garage in the middle of an industrial estate

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Best programme ever. Came across it my student days when I was free to spend my time watching daytime telly.

Seems to have gone a bit big time now with them going over to America. I think I preferred it when they bought average cars and Ed sorted them out in some garage in the middle of an industrial estate

It seems from his quitting video that's pretty much the reason he's gone.

Seems he preferred it when it was an amateur 2 bob show but it's now gone all Hollywood.

It's turned all to shit since they 'went all american' :angry: 

Now they have to dumb it down because, well, americans are pretty thick and don't want technical stuff. They want high fives, bandanas and whoops, etc so it would seem that Edd has just went "Nah, keep it" and off he's popped. Fair play fella :) 

It's TV. It's all staged to f**k.

This. It's a hilariously misrepresented show. The fact they often take 30 year old cars that have been sitting about and only have to change the wheels and paint it, maybe sort out a window problem, before selling it on, tells you all you need to know about how realistic it is.

Genuinely can only remember one episode where a car needed any form of body welded, despite the fact almost every car of that age will need some of it.