Livi v Airdrie

Looks like we are going with a flat 4,4,2 today, Toderov out, Mullen in, Longridge in Millar out, Gallagher will probably go RB and Longridge out to LB. 

Surprised that Mullin is fit to start after his knock in midweek. Hopefully Gallagher has learned how to take a throw in. Took ages to decide his throw ins against Stenny.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Simon Mensing :lol: Mind when there were Airdrie fans thinking he was a good signing and shooting down anyone suggesting otherwise :lol:

I remember folk saying give him a chance. Maybe in your meth-ravaged mind that equates to what you 'remember'?

Tbf to Airdrie I felt that's the best they've played against us this season, not saying much I know but created 1 or 2 chances today and probably gave our defence the hardest shift they've had in a while. 

What a start though, good old agent Mensing gifting us the ball for the opener and then getting the 2nd so quickly afterwards settled us right down. 

The the sublime Airdrie freekick changed the game though, made us a little nervous. 

Until we scored the 3rd it was Airdrie who looked the more likely but for some last ditch blocks, but after the 3rd it knocked the stuffing out of Airdrie and Cadden got his standard goal. 

Not gonna complain about the penalty, just looked at the reaction of our players and no one complained. 

Danny Mullen was sensational today, easily man of the match, but there wasn't a failure in our team today, Airdrie on the other hand have the makings of a decent side but defensively they are shocking, it's no surprise they have the worst defensive record. 

16 goals in 5 games against Airdrie for us this season, I think it's safe to say we've got them on our mantelpiece.

Queens Park getting a last minute equaliser at Alloa means that we could win the league at home to Alloa if we win next week :thumsup2

7 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

I said we had a chance and potentially if our chairman hadn't got rid of our previous manager we may still have a chance. Alloa could still catch you and if they did could you afford to play another season to crowds so low.

:lol::lol::lol:

You really should stop making these type of post Cooper, comes back on you every time.:lol:

Started the game like our last two home games only we stuck the ball in the net this time. When we scored our 2nd goal I was thinking we'd go on to win 5 or 6-0 but the tempo dropped after that and Airdrie got a goal from nothing really. Good hit from a perfect distance and area but our wall was a bit pish and would have to see the highlights to see if Kelly could've done better.

2nd half was good though, after we got our 3rd goal anyway, up till then Airdrie looked dangerous putting a few balls across our 6 yard box, we defended them well though and it was always a Livi player there to clear it. 3rd goal settled us down again and it never looked like we'd be in any danger of dropping points after that.
Big Toddy had two 1 on 1's he could've scored but credit to the keeper for blocking them, absolute peach from Cadden for our 4th, he had a wee practice shot just before the goal whe it went narrowly past the post. Said when he came on he'd score, i think that's 4 times he's scored in games agains Airdrie now.
Dunno about the consolation goal from the penalty, didn't look like Beany was fouled but he was always going down in a situation like that, just glad it didn't make any difference at that stage. Ended up another comfortable win for Livi against Airdrie and now 11 points clear* with just 6 games to go. Mon the Lions cheers

*Left the ground thinking Alloa had won 2-1, fecking belter. Very Happy

Alloa could still catch you

Although that is arithmetically possible, I think even before Queen's Park's late equaliser today it was stopped being realistic after our draw with East Fife last week.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jarss said:

Another humping. How long do we have to put up with this sh!te before Wilson and Dalziel get sacked? 

Aye but on another day Airdrie could've won.

The fact he never changed his tactics against us after 4 defeats kinda shows he's clueless, plays the same way and loses 5 times but each time expected a different outcome.:wacko:

Archived