500 Years of the Protestant Reformation

jagfox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Just so as you know your Wee Frees from your Wee Wee Frees.

1920px-Churches_of_Scotland_timeline.svg.png

Diagram of The Rangers' Supporters Groups, Shirley?

As an aside, my honours dissertation was about the Presbyterian Church in the Diaspora and that's a simplified chart.

13 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Just so as you know your Wee Frees from your Wee Wee Frees.

1920px-Churches_of_Scotland_timeline.svg.png

So you've got the Catholics and the rest looks like the various splinters of the Judean People's Front.

On 21 March 2017 at 19:32, jagfox99 said:

Just got this book on a whim via Facebook. 

F9F0BD61-77FD-44EC-BE39-94D835205BC8-748-00000161D08C21F6.jpeg.5cd688cbcfc1c6fb0c7a1ddf6a439ad8.jpeg

What are your favourite Protestant moments of the last 500 years? 

Rangers winning the Cup Winners Cup?

Hertz blowing the league in 86?

On 2017/03/21 at 21:32, jagfox99 said:

What are your favourite Protestant moments of the last 500 years? 

Breaking the news that nine-in-a-row had just happened to one of the bitterest Celtic supporters imaginable. The look on his face was priceless.

Vaguely remember watching a St Mirren player called George Shaw (?) doing something I always dreamed of doing as a sprog. A yellow card is a small price to pay for running towards the Jungle and making a two finger salute after scoring a goal against Celtic. Think Davie Hay was a tad upset about it afterwards in the papers, but it's been a while.

A Linfield fan clambering up a flagpole at Dundalk during a European cup tie to replace the Tricolour with a Union Jack (recollection of the details are getting hazy, so hope I am getting that right but remember watching the news and laughing my head off at it). On the flip side, it led to a riot that I think meant the return leg was played in Holland rather than Belfast so maybe not so good in some ways obviously.

The CoS worthies introducing the Pope to their wives during the papal visit in the early 1980s. A more refined approach to pointing out fundamental theological differences than doing a Pastor Jack Glass (is an ass ass ass!).

Archived