Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

19 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Oh its happened. We were financially hit far worse.

Fairly or unfairly?

18 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I’m all for supporting clubs and showing solidarity when it’s deserved but your post was so condescending and your basic premise of your argument was because we put the final game on we shouldn’t be fined. A rule no matter how obscure should be enforced. On another note how much money did Pollok make from hosting that game?

Oh and my club (and me) have been on the end of both SFA & SJFA bizarre decisions but have had to suck it up and get on with it. The responsibility is with your committee to understand and know the rules if they missed the rule it’s their fault.

And one final point, it’s not cost you guys anything as someone else has paid it for you. If your that upset with it why not come out and refuse to hold any future Scotland games or cup finals!!

Pollok made the SJFA a whole lot more money from that game via our volunteers' efforts than the blazers raised via their almost total lack of it at the other 5 matches, which must have all run at a loss.

As for cup finals & internationals if Barrheid wants them you can have them, they're mostly more trouble than they're worth!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

School boy error Archie - never going to be any sympathy for Pollok on P&B. Doesn’t matter how stupid it is big bad Pollok and they deserve all they get.

Hopefully we have sent them a bill for Ross Brash wages since he has hardly kicked a ball since playing in these pointless games due to ongoing injury picked up playing in a scotland friendly. I am sure that bill will be much more than £100.

Pollok made the SJFA a whole lot more money from that game via our volunteers' efforts than the blazers raised via their almost total lack of it at the other 5 matches, which must have all run at a loss.
As for cup finals & internationals if Barrheid wants them you can have them, they're mostly more trouble than they're worth!

Answer me this Archie. If rules are broken should there not be a punishment, no matter how wrong you feel the rule is?

In terms of making money for the SJFA why should that even factor into any punishment and yet again shows a complete arrogance. You failed to answer my question, how much if any did Pollok make for renting out their ground?

On cup finals, what has the got to do with Arthurlie or Barrhead? All my point was you have made money from previous finals and if your club is so outraged why not tell the SJFA to do one? Is it because of the money your club are making from them?

27 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Ach away and calm yerself down, Its a shitter, but its the sjfa’s stupid rules, you got done, so did we a few years ago, take it in your stride.

From the guy who posted that it would have been more if another club! 

School boy error Archie - never going to be any sympathy for Pollok on P&B. Doesn’t matter how stupid it is big bad Pollok and they deserve all they get.

Hopefully we have sent them a bill for Ross Brash wages since he has hardly kicked a ball since playing in these pointless games due to ongoing injury picked up playing in a scotland friendly. I am sure that bill will be much more than £100.

It has nothing to do with it being Pollok. I would be the same if it was my club (& it has been in the past). My point is that Archie viewed that Pollok were above the rules as you put on one of these “pointless” game, no one is above the rules. Also can’t feel any sympathy considering that someone else is footing the bill.

It has nothing to do with it being Pollok. I would be the same if it was my club (& it has been in the past). My point is that Archie viewed that Pollok were above the rules as you put on one of these “pointless” game, no one is above the rules. Also can’t feel any sympathy considering that someone else is footing the bill.

Pollok really are the most condescending club in the juniors ; they display a level of arrogance like no other club , they think that they deserve some form of special treatment and that they're a cut above every other club ; it's on display on this forum in particular ; they should have known the rules end of story ; they would have no sympathy for anyone else whatsoever as well , the fact that their ground was used to host Scotland isn't here nor there either ; not many if any teams fans have got any time for pollok with their levels of arrogance .

Archived