Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

Does Keith Burgess honestly go home today thinking he's let his country down ???

I just ask the question as I genuinely don't think that anyone cares about this crap , it's just a waste of junior fixtures today for me

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who in great honesty cares about this farce ? And what manager worth their salt would ever agree to take on this role ? Last game was about 2 years ago & then you play 3 totally shambolicaly arranged games in the space of 4 days . Can anyone please explain the point of this nonsense?

I honestly feel sorry for the players involved, being selected to represent your country is such an honour no matter the sport or level its a tremendous achievement and any reading here or elsewhere for that matter will just see people slating the event, myself included.

It wasnt hem that organised the dates, the venues, the kick off times, the black out of games, they were just picked by a group who saw them as the best available whether you agree with the selection or not I guess its the same with any national squad.

Anyway congratulations to all who received the call up and commiserations on just losing out.

Excuse me for asking the obvious, who won the tournament?? SECOND POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was N. Ireland on goal difference from Scotland

7 hours ago, lokforever said:

Crowd at newlandsfield 479

Embarrassing.

SJFA and/or West Region should be hounded by the clubs until their are resignations over this shambles of a weekend.

This thread appears to be a competition to show how outraged you are that a few games of football took place and your own club didn't have a match for one weekend.

If people are getting that angry over something as insignificant as this they have serious problems.

11 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I honestly feel sorry for the players involved, being selected to represent your country is such an honour no matter the sport or level its a tremendous achievement and any reading here or elsewhere for that matter will just see people slating the event, myself included.

It wasnt hem that organised the dates, the venues, the kick off times, the black out of games, they were just picked by a group who saw them as the best available whether you agree with the selection or not I guess its the same with any national squad.

Anyway congratulations to all who received the call up and commiserations on just losing out.

I feel a bit sorry for them as well. I follow a few of the players on Twitter and they're obviously very proud of their involvement tweeting pics of their shirts and caps, etc . Some of them won't have won many trophies and this gets them a bit of recognition so they should enjoy it.  

The criticism and negativity seems almost entirely to be about the organisation of the thing, specifically the utter madness of 2:30 midweek KO times and scrapping an afternoon of fixtures yesterday. 

This thread appears to be a competition to show how outraged you are that a few games of football took place and your own club didn't have a match for one weekend.

If people are getting that angry over something as insignificant as this they have serious problems.

We will see how insignificant this is at the end of the season when some clubs are playing 3 games a week.Wasted Saturday in my opinion

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

The place gets like an echo chamber for complaining (and by God is there plenty to complain about).

Having an outlet like P&B is fine, but it's not a constructive way of making things better on it's own and the danger is that folk are so quick to find fault that they end up moaning about stuff for completely ridiculous and invalid reasons and end up looking like big daft weans. 

Constructive and reasonable is the way to effect improvement. 

33 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The place gets like an echo chamber for complaining (and by God is there plenty to complain about).

Having an outlet like P&B is fine, but it's not a constructive way of making things better on it's own and the danger is that folk are so quick to find fault that they end up moaning about stuff for completely ridiculous and invalid reasons and end up looking like big daft weans. 

Constructive and reasonable is the way to effect improvement. 

You mean like you posting about a flag on the well done BOD Glenafton thread..........you are bawbag of the highest order.

My video of the goals against Northern Ireland got over 6300 views on Facebook and still rising.

Just shows what is wrong with Junior football. Too many people would rather watch on Facebook instead of paying money to physically watch a game.Get off your arses ya shower of lazy b*****ds and go and watch your local team

Archived