Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

The only ones benefiting from this farce are the blazers who will be well oiled the next few days
My club & others are missing out on a perfectly good Saturday for no other reason than what I’ve stated
Even if half our squad were picked I still wouldn’t open the blinds to watch it

Way the weather is there would probably have been a load of games off

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

What was the attendance last night?

Paying attendance at the Scotland v RoI game estimated at just under 200.

At the IoM vs NI game estimated at less than 20!

What a farce this "tournament" has been so far - possibly a half-decent crowd at Newlandsfield tomorrow for the final Scotland match, especially with up to 4 Pollok players featuring, but the whole show has been disastrously undersold.

That's disrespectful to the players, the West Region clubs have lost money through there being no league programme this weekend, and it must have cost all 4 associations a fortune to stage.

Never mind, the blazers will have had their snouts in the trough again and that's what really matters!

If the SJFA are serious about fielding a national team and promoting it (although it doesn't appear that they are), they should revive the old calendar of matches that they used to play annually  ie North Wales Coast FA, Northern Ireland, RoI and England (Birmingham County FA).  Now some of those fixtures may not be possible anymore as stand alone games, but do they even try? Even "domestic" matches against Highland and Lowland Leagues would be easier to organise and promote, and could be played midweek without disrupting the calendar and attract a decent crowd.   

The Scottish Amateur FA can regularly organise representative matches (they've just played two games in the Shetland Islands, and played Northern Ireland at Lesser Hampden in May).

This Quadrangular tournament is badly organised and reflects very poorly on the Junior grade.  I wonder how it compares when the other three host it.

40 minutes ago, lokforever said:

Crowd at newlandsfield 479

Was that more than the total of the other 2 games Junior Scotland played? Most of us

questioned the point of postponing games in the region, and not winning the tournament

on home soil only adds to the argument. Will the Balance Sheet at the next SJFA Annual

General Meeting show exactly how much money has been wasted on this blazers exercise?

The cash could have been put to better use ie promoting the game for a start. Of course, that

would be too much to ask in the Sixth Floor at Hampden Park. Along the corridor of the

same building, others have a bigger problem to overcome - starting with "genetics"

Crowd at newlandsfield 479

Just about your average Saturday afternoon crowd for a game at Newlandsfield. Yet all of the other fans of clubs across the region had to twiddle their thumbs wishing their team was playing. A bonkers decision.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just about your average Saturday afternoon crowd for a game at Newlandsfield. Yet all of the other fans of clubs across the region had to twiddle their thumbs wishing their team was playing. A bonkers decision.

Yea I agree with that season just gets into full swing then this utter tripe competition stops us in our tracks 

i watched Liverpool Man U give me a junior game any day of the week over that nonsense 

Archived