TALBOT V ROB ROY

happy

I was looking forward to a game between 2 of the so called top teams in the league but it didnt happen Rob Roy didnt want to play the goalie was warned early doors for time wasting and they go to ground squealing at every oppertunity, i think it all comes from the manager who was sent off today again they could be a good side if they would cut out all the carry on as they have a few decent players, but 3 points in the bag and we carry on.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Rob Roy are an absolute gang . Diving anytime a players near any of them , surrounding the referee at every opportunity and as for Gary McMenamin what an absolute tit of a man .

Spot on with your assessment of Rob Roy and the player you mention. 

I was looking forward to a game between 2 of the so called top teams in the league but it didnt happen Rob Roy didnt want to play the goalie was warned early doors for time wasting and they go to ground squealing at every oppertunity, i think it all comes from the manager who was sent off today again they could be a good side if they would cut out all the carry on as they have a few decent players, but 3 points in the bag and we carry on.

What a lovely day for football and great setting, a bit disappointed with the result and our discipline. Pressure effects everyone in different ways I just have another glass of presecco. KRR for me was the better team, poor refereeing lead to first goal. twice Talbot cleared of the line and and clear hand ball when Willie headed from cross ball. The gap between the two teams today, well don't think so

attended this match today as a neutral fan, must say it was a hard fought match with some dubious referee decisions, the young ref seem to give decisions when a player appealed and looked out of his depth. Seen the linesman flagging for offside then he quickly lowered his flag, talbot played on and scored.  Roy had a scramash in second half with the ball almost running along Talbot's goaline. Maybe Roy deserved a draw.

Talbot battled on for victory and don't look like giving up their league title soon.

Roy have home and away games with glenafton coming up which could decide both their fates!

Took in today's game draw would have been a fair result imo . Some strange comments rob roy time wasting I never seen tbh honest . Linesman put flag up for offside goal stood . Rob Roy played the better football imo, Talbot battled away as usual no fair to their game but ultimately got the 3 points.

2 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Millions £ being spent
Only open air heated pool left in scotland 

But "the land that time forgot" indeed :whistle

I'm sure your claim about the heated, open air pool will come as something of a surprise to the good people of Gourock and Stonehaven that their pools are closed.

The last time I drove past the New Cumnock one it was closed and that was in mid summer. However glad to hear it is open again, we''ll all bring  our swimming stuff  when we (hopefully) visit next season.

6 hours ago, Nicole said:

What a lovely day for football and great setting, a bit disappointed with the result and our discipline. Pressure effects everyone in different ways I just have another glass of presecco.

Kirkintilloch total football lost out to physical talbot with their long ball "style"? 

Nope 

Kirkintilloch's big weakness was a tendency to whine like a toddler whose lolly has dropped off the stick anytime a decision went against them 

If the ref had been a stickler for the rules Rob Roy would've broken the crime count record as they hounded the officials from the first whistle to last 

Fair play to Sawyers, he went about his business without complaint but many of his team mates, led by Tintin, dived & bitched at every opportunity 

Cracking highlights btw. KRR are a very good side played some fast attacking football and how they didn't score against us is mystifying.

But we showed true grit mentality to win that game.

Other fans say that we have declined. Personally I think other teams have just upped their own game to compete against us.

Hopefully the Talbot lads took some knowledge from that game that we are a very good team despite the critics and knockers.

6 hours ago, BS7 said:

Kirkintilloch total football lost out to physical talbot with their long ball "style"? 

I read a post last week in which a rob roy fan said exactly the same thing about the quarter final and guess what,they lost that game as well.obviously I wasn't there am just quoting the poster who I can't recall.

BS7 were you at the the talbot game Yesterday? Or were you replaying to Nicole who mentioned everything bar the football. :)

By the way Nicole, Isa was the one in the rollers and the Mrs.Brown looks.

The game was a bit of an anti climax. 65 mins for the first shot on target from either  team.

Bots chances,2 shots on target,a 1 0n 1 with the keeper and 1 goal.

Roy's, a stramash in which 3 times the ball was blocked practically  on the line.

47 minutes ago, happy said:

I read a post last week in which a rob roy fan said exactly the same thing about the quarter final and guess what,they lost that game as well.obviously I wasn't there am just quoting the poster who I can't recall.

BS7 were you at the the talbot game Yesterday? Or were you replaying to Nicole who mentioned everything bar the football. :)

By the way Nicole, Isa was the one in the rollers and the Mrs.Brown looks.

He's a Bonnyrigg fan making a joke about the very Rob Roy comments you mention. 

Rob Roy played some lovely football but sheer grit and determination won the day. The low point for me was the diving and squealing by some of the Roy players. McMeniman is a pure fanny, He got Wilson booked and twice he ran the full length of the pitch to get involved in some meaningless handbags. The final straw for me was Roy's 14 who went down like a Saturday coupon in the last couple of minutes clutching a leg injury but when the referee called him out he sprung to life and was running around like a gazelle. Well done Talbot, not pretty but 3 points.

1 hour ago, Talbot Bing said:

Cracking highlights btw. KRR are a very good side played some fast attacking football and how they didn't score against us is mystifying.

But we showed true grit mentality to win that game.

Other fans say that we have declined. Personally I think other teams have just upped their own game to compete against us.

Hopefully the Talbot lads took some knowledge from that game that we are a very good team despite the critics and knockers.

was at the game yesterday and your comments are fair TB , RobRoy were excellent especially in the second half and if they play like that will be up there at the end of the season. The comments are always that Talbot are in decline and not as good as previous seasons but for me they are still a very good side and maybe it's just that the other teams are getting better. Glens, KRR and Beith are very good teams and there are no easy games in this league.

Firstly if we had Barr , Shaun and Kev on the pitch today from the start it would have been a different game. Secondly the refs assistant did flag for offside but valuable lesson learnt play to the whistle. The sending off was for a clear kick at Gavin when both were on the ground. Fourth Roy unlucky not to get equaliser in second half as wee Kev came close on the goal line clearance. Fifth we lack dig in the middle hence come back Shaun quickly. Maxi has got us here but we need to look at the players available that didn't start.

Archived