International Weekend - how can clubs capitalise?

A particularly honking international week/weekend coming up, for me I'd like to see clubs at this level do more to encourage SPFL fans to come along when they've got a free Saturday. Maybe offer a discount for season ticket holders of other clubs or at least try to engage people on social media and raise a bit of interest. No reason why most teams couldn't put 50 odd on the gate on Saturday.

We're 1 point off the top, playing some good stuff with some very good players. It's also a Derby match. An absolutely perfect opportunity for a pay what you can day, or even just lowering the prices to £5/£10. Not going to happen though.

As opposed to offering their own fans an incentive first? I don't think the clubs are that bothered by poor, or as they likely see them, expectedly low crowds. The quality (!!) on show is fucking awful, even in the Premier, id imagine peope would need a fairly decent reason to bother watching any more of it. This will almost definitely be my last season as a regular punter, and not just because we've been crap. 

Was just an idea but Litchie78 makes a good point about 'pay what you can'. I'd bloody hope clubs were bothered! Your point about this being your last season (and fair enough on that) is exactly the issue, every club in this league needs to do more to attract then next generation. Some savvy social media and aggressive pricing is at least a start, who knows they might catch one of the odd good games and be hooked for life.

18 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Clubs, in their defence have tried, some more than others, but very few have caught anything substantial. Its more than a cost thing, like the old joke, i used to have a drink problem but now i can afford it. The quality and experience is what catches people, that lacks severely everywhere i've been. The clubs often try too hard once every so often instead of a concerted year or two year effort with a target and a realistic outcome. Just hitting and hoping will only get so far. 

I thought if you had a drink problem it meant you only had one mooth:whistle 

Anyone with a brain will patch watching that joke of a national team and go watch us wee sides.

They want £22 to watch us play Canada @ Easter Rd on Wednesday, aye I'll get right on that......

14 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

They want £22 to watch us play Canada @ Easter Rd on Wednesday, aye I'll get right on that......

.....and our illustrious leader thinks that ticket sales are poor due to our recent results.

A man of experience. Or just copied the rest day the Monklands higher society.[emoji6

That was for you Sargent. Can't use this app shite. I'm old and got too much liquor in a mooth

Anyone with a brain will patch watching that joke of a national team and go watch us wee sides.

Seems after last nights game people do have a brain.

Apart from the 9000 idiots that went last night. Although don't believe for a minute there was 9000 there, a bit of old firm crowd bumping from the SFA I reckon.

Would genuinely like to speak to someone who willingly paid £22 for a ticket for that last night. I'm scunnered with the national team for a number of reasons but even if I wasn't I'm not sure I could bring myself to pay that amount of money to watch Chris Martin do a passable impression of a large pile of rocks.

9 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Would genuinely like to speak to someone who willingly paid £22 for a ticket for that last night. I'm scunnered with the national team for a number of reasons but even if I wasn't I'm not sure I could bring myself to pay that amount of money to watch Chris Martin do a passable impression of a large pile of rocks.

Of course, you actually pay the money upfront so those sad souls going last might not have expected Chris Martin to turn into Chris Rock.

That said, I would be asking for a refund after the fact.  Especially with the after match comments by Strachan.

Not everyone paid £22 last some paid £15. I went out of habit last night. Awful game as I expected. 

Will be at the City v Elgin game on Saturday. Not sure what clubs can do to get more folk along. As someone said earlier clubs can try putting extra advertising on social media. Maybe league should run something through the media.

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

Not everyone paid £22 last some paid £15. I went out of habit last night. Awful game as I expected. 

Will be at the City v Elgin game on Saturday. Not sure what clubs can do to get more folk along. As someone said earlier clubs can try putting extra advertising on social media. Maybe league should run something through the media.

That's whats wrong the SFA know die hards like you will pay that money to watch a load of shite. £15 for members but really that should have been the top end price for everyone.

The SPFL as you say could have had a media campaign to promote the lower leagues this weekend with no Premiership but as usual have done nothing.

We really don't do enough as a country to promote things in a positive manner, always doom and gloom stories in the media in between all the old firm stuff, never any positive stories trying to promote the game.

55 minutes ago, Jute said:

And I would have thought nuns would have got in cheaper.

Archived