Most Cup Finals in a Season

HibeeJibee

I took in the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup Final today, at the Oriam Indoor Stadium outside Edinburgh, between Spartans and Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale: pitting tier 5 v tier 6 in the pyramid system. Although they lost LTHV are having a remarkable season... today was only their second defeat in all competitions.

They've already reached the Finals of the EOS Qualifying Cup; the EOS Cup; the EOS Non-Members Cup (aka Alex Jack Cup); and the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield... the Semi-finals of the South Challenge Cup and EOS League Cup... and Quarter-finals of the King Cup.

So they're 4 wins from reaching 7 cup finals in 1 season.

Anyone know / speculate the record at Senior level?

What about Juniors?

I'm not sure but a club in smallish league with a myriad of cups would be most likely: South of Scotland and North Caledonian Leagues would seem a good place to start...

Invergordon won at least 5 trophies in 76/77 and may have been in the finals of another of the cups

I'll try and fork some info out but the juniors up here have a large amount of cups they enter each season.  I remember Inverness City being in a few, not sure if it was all in the same season however.

On 31/03/2017 at 01:59, craigkillie said:

Kilwinning Rangers won all 6 tournaments they entered in 1998/99 - but I think that would only amount to 5 cup finals.

Not quite true. They did win 6 tournaments but they lost in the North Ayrshire Cup to Killbirnie

LTHV lost the South Challenge Cup SF at East Kilbride on Saturday, so they won't be reaching a full set of 7 cup finals this season.

Nevertheless with 2 already gone (1 win 1 loss), 2 to come this month, and 2 SFs also due this month they could yet reach 6 cup finals and so potentially win up to 5 of them, which while not record-breaking would still be admirable.

I'd think SOSL might host overall record-holder.

It's cup-supercharged.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic could still reach 5 cup finals and a title round-robin this season

They lead EOS Conference B and are in South Challenge Cup SF (tbd) plus Last 16s of EOS Qualifying (Jeanfield - A), EOS League (Haddington - H) and King (Edinburgh Utd - H) cups.

Reaching the EOS Qualifying Cup Final would qualify them for EOS Cup SF.

Bump.

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic could still reach 5 cup finals and a title round-robin this season

They lead EOS Conference B and are in South Challenge Cup SF (tbd) plus Last 16s of EOS Qualifying (Jeanfield - A), EOS League (Haddington - H) and King (Edinburgh Utd - H) cups.

Reaching the EOS Qualifying Cup Final would qualify them for EOS Cup SF.

You know that you've probably just jinxed them all for them now, don't you???

Archived