• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

As much as Rab dropped us in it last season by quitting just because his pal got sacked that is an awfully petty decision by someone (who says it’s Bollan’s decision?) at the club and doesn’t sit well with me. Tonight not about club or manager or Director and any holding of grudges at this level is just not what we should be about in my opinion.

Martyn Fotheringham deserves his testimonial and all the various things that have been arranged this season, hope it goes well for him. Been my avatar on here for years and it’ll be a sad day when I have to change it. Of course that goal against Arbroath in the Play off will always stick out, brilliant strike but he’s had countless other great goals (some cracking free kicks and scoring direct from corner) for us over the years. He’s not always been appreciated by the current or previous manager (or some fans) as much as I would have liked which is a shame but over ten years he’s given a lot to the club and hope he gets what he deserves for his efforts.

Couldn't agree more. A professional. Hope it's a great night for Foxy and his family too who have given so much to the club. 

Two sides to this I'd say...

If Bollan, McGregor (he's still chairman, right?!) or someone else within the club has refused to allow Douglas to play then I think that's quite unacceptable - after all tonight is nothing to do with either of them (Or Rab for that matter) it is to show appreciation for Fotheringham, simple as that. Seems awfully petty over the piece.

However, I would say Rab Douglas walking out on his contract with the club after they decided to fire the manager is extremely embarrassing all round. That's the sort of shit that would be looked down upon at an amateur club, let alone a semi-professional club and by an individual with 20 years in the professional game at the top end of it. I don't exactly know what went on behind the scenes, but it comes across like Rab viewed the club as some sort of wee hobby to fill his spare time and have a crack with a few mates as opposed to playing for a serious semi professional football club.

Did Rab really leave because Dick was sacked, or was it something else, maybe we will never know the truth...anyway it's Foxy's night and if he wants certain players to play then so be it....i would even applaud Hegarty coming on !! 

Rab perfectly entitled to walk out petty or not though.

If he's in the position where he thinks a colleague has been grossly mistreated by the employer why would he want to stay there? Obviously he was not in a position where he relied on the wage to live or anything so why stay if you're really pissed off and unhappy? Do the team more harm if anything.

If he was younger and did rely on the wage a lot more he would've ended up being loaned out or moved on so don't see the difference.

Tonight that really shouldn't have mattered though it's a night for Fotheringham no Forfar.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rab perfectly entitled to walk out petty or not though.

If he's in the position where he thinks a colleague has been grossly mistreated by the employer why would he want to stay there? Obviously he was not in a position where he relied on the wage to live or anything so why stay if you're really pissed off and unhappy? Do the team more harm if anything.

If he was younger and did rely on the wage a lot more he would've ended up being loaned out or moved on so don't see the difference.

Tonight that really shouldn't have mattered though it's a night for Fotheringham no Forfar.

I think the present manager was the problem...but i could be wrong.

I think the present manager was the problem...but i could be wrong.

Well, same applies really, if you're very unhappy under a manager at work and you are fortunate enough to be in a position that you don't need to work you wouldn't stay.

If my new boss was a p***k and I really didn't like working under him I wouldn't stay if I didn't have to.

Should this game not really be getting organised by a testimonial committee rather than the club itself?

If that was the case, surely the club officials can't really stop Douglas playing.

Alternatively, couldn't Dundee have been convinced to the possibility of Rab playing for them?

Should this game not really be getting organised by a testimonial committee rather than the club itself?

If that was the case, surely the club officials can't really stop Douglas playing.
Alternatively, couldn't Dundee have been convinced to the possibility of Rab playing for them?

I'm still hoping for rab to come on as sub dundee keeper in a WWE style entrance , much to the disbelief of bollan/the board

4 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

I'm still hoping for rab to come on as sub dundee keeper in a WWE style entrance , much to the disbelief of bollan/the board

A chair shot followed by a stone cold stunner to Bollan in the dugout would certainly liven the evening up. 

19 minutes ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

I suppose Bollan is still technically the manager so can rule however he feels.

Don't know how Hartley is treating the game but the 20s haven't played this week and we've got a few first teamers needing game time so he maybe feels that it should be taken seriously.

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I suppose Bollan is still technically the manager so can rule however he feels.

Don't know how Hartley is treating the game but the 20s haven't played this week and we've got a few first teamers needing game time so he maybe feels that it should be taken seriously.

Hopefully Hartley gives defensive prospect (and big Lichtie) Kerr Waddell a chance to show what he can do. A few 'hard but fair' challenges towards some of the current Forfar players ahead of our championship run in would be well received on the terraces of Gayfield ;)

Hopefully Hartley gives defensive prospect (and big Lichtie) Kerr Waddell a chance to show what he can do. A few 'hard but fair' challenges towards some of the current Forfar players ahead of our championship run in would be well received on the terraces of Gayfield [emoji6]

This crossed my mind but didn't want to say just incase [emoji102]

Clubs aren't aloud to organise testimonial games has to be a committee
But obviously the chairman and his sidekick have had a word in bollans ear and told him

Archived