Super Ayr vs Sons

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr deserved that; goalie and defence generally good with a number of good saves and interceptions. We were shite and with what appears to have been a limited squad should have done better. Too many long balls and a lot less of the usual from stirling and stanton.

Special mention to charleston for not booking docherty or el alagui for pulls before they commit their second yellow card offences, whilst he books stanton for trying a trip. Consistently terrible.

Great atmosphere there today, thoroughly enjoyed it. Forrest should have sealed it with his one on one, not sure how he managed to fluff it. Even though Dumbarton went down to ten it didn't really effect the game, needed Fleming to pull off a couple of great saves. Good to see Ayr scoring just before half time instead of conceding. Crawford, Forrest and Docherty were the stand outs for me and Moore got about it when he came on.

Enjoyed the second half other than the ending, huuuuge win :)

Taking Docherty off was utterly bizarre though. Hopefully Crawford gets the credit he deserves after that.

Also felt Farid played well considering his deficiencies. Not really many failures but excellent from Crawford, Meggatt and Docherty.

I enjoyed that game, both teams going for it and it really could've gone either way. However, I think our second half performance merited the win. Dumbarton were very stuffy though and could easily have nicked a draw.
Crawford was a stand out today lovely goal.
Thought despite all the bad press before the game I thought the ref had a good game.

Ayr thoroughly deserved the three points. We simply weren't up for it.

Stupid red card from Fleming, some brilliant saves from the other Fleming.

Craig Charleston still his usual self.

At least the run in will be interesting. Fancy us to go down now though if I'm being totally honest.

There's a lot of football left. Neck and neck stuff and the others are hardly out the woods either. Saints will hopefully suffer horrible depression after their loss today and slide without fight to the seaside leagues.

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nadé out for Vaughan, Stanton in for McCrorie and Sparky in for Harvie.

Surprised to see the Prince dropped. Although I suspect Ayr have worked all week on the basis of facing him.

Nade was in the original starting line up then was swapped with Callum Gallacher.

1 minute ago, ronniemc said:

Nade was in the original starting line up then was swapped with Callum Gallacher.

Cheers. Must've picked up an injury in the warmup.

Further good news to add to a thoroughly excellent day :(

Definitely the best performance of the season i've seen from us at home and also back to back wins.

Thought Crawford, Forrest, Fleming and El Alagui were brilliant and we were also helped by Dumbarton not having Nade.

Moving on i would take a draw against Dundee United on Tuesday and then next weekend is the huge one against St Mirren and i've no idea what way that will go.

Fairly enjoyed that game today. An absolutely massive victory and one I think we deserved.

First half was pretty even. They scored a really decent counter attacking goal after Gilmour's pass sold the jerseys. Not to be too critical though as he had a good second half.

We had a lot more of the ball but felt they looked slightly more threatening with their pace without causing problems. We deservedly equalised right on half time which makes a nice change.

We made an excellent start to the second half and Crawford scored a brilliant goal. For the next 20 minutes or so we should've then had the game out of sight.

The sending off was probably just about the right decision. Very similar to Doc's tackle earlier in the season. Whether it was or wasn't, he's an experienced player in a nothing area of the pitch and he gave the referee the decision to make.

Felt we should've then done a bit better when they went to ten and Fleming produced two top drawer saves.

A massive win which keeps us well in the fight. Every game is a big one but I'm a bit more encouraged after the last two wins. Meggat, Crawford and Forrest were outstanding. Onwards and upwards.

Archived