Super Ayr vs Sons

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Thank you.

I sincerely hope that good luck isn't required though, and we can hopefully win on merit.

You're welcome and I have no doubt you will pump they sevco loving scum. 

That's bollocks. Maybe edged it but the sending off was totally decisive.

I'm being totally genuine here and not fishing for a bite or the like, but please take off those hugely tinted specs for now.

We totally bossed it and while the sending-off was welcome for us and gave us an extra advantage, it was in no way decisive.

We were on top throughout before our our deficiencies let Ayr back into it, and go on to take a point. Which was in the end, merited IMO, but almost all down to our inability to see out a game from such a position and minimal, minimal quality from Ayr.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Who even gives a f**k :lol: Previous games mean hee haw.

Another holocaust of a thread developing.

What a thread this is !  Has there ever been a P & B fanbase as Trainspottingly oot their tree as the Ayr boys ?  Permagrression laced with juvenile invective, I can imagine them running utter riot in somewhere like Minishant, kickin' ower garden gnomes and cutting doon hanging baskets just for the hell of it.

Saturday could be epic.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

What a thread this is !  Has there ever been a P & B fanbase as Trainspottingly oot their tree as the Ayr boys ?  Permagrression laced with juvenile invective, I can imagine them running utter riot in somewhere like Minishant, kickin' ower garden gnomes and cutting doon hanging baskets just for the hell of it.

Saturday could be epic.

Feel free to point out the aggression on this thread, you knicker-wetter.

I'm being totally genuine here and not fishing for a bite or the like, but please take off those hugely tinted specs for now.

We totally bossed it and while the sending-off was welcome for us and gave us an extra advantage, it was in no way decisive.

We were on top throughout before our our deficiencies let Ayr back into it, and go on to take a point. Which was in the end, merited IMO, but almost all down to our inability to see out a game from such a position and minimal, minimal quality from Ayr.

I genuinely disagree.

More possession but no real threat. We were struggling to keep hold of the ball but I thought it was a pretty nothing game until the ridiculous challenge.

After that you bossed possession and started to threaten. The game should've been long out of sight and the comeback was frankly farcical.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I genuinely disagree.

More possession but no real threat. We were struggling to keep hold of the ball but I thought it was a pretty nothing game until the ridiculous challenge.

After that you bossed possession and started to threaten. The game should've been long out of sight and the comeback was frankly farcical.

I could be wrong, but did we not hit the bar a few minutes before the red card? I didn't think we were 'dominant', but I certainly felt as if we were looking the most likely to score.

Anyway, it's all pretty much irrelevant. Two points dropped for us, one gained for Ayr. Much like the 4-4 game.

I could be wrong, but did we not hit the bar a few minutes before the red card? I didn't think we were 'dominant', but I certainly felt as if we were looking the most likely to score.
Anyway, it's all pretty much irrelevant. Two points dropped for us, one gained for Ayr. Much like the 4-4 game.

I definitely remember the header that cannoned off the crossbar but can't remember if it was before or after the red card. Have a feeling it was a few minutes before.

Still think it was in the balance before Doc tried his WWE move on Stirling. After that I had pretty much resigned myself to defeat.

Thank god I never left early though !!

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think Berbathom hit the inside of the post with a header.

7 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Settle.

We were far superior both before and after Ross Docherty's moment of madness.

f**k sake. numpty do you not think the wind against us helped you. 2-0 and you fucked it up

I genuinely disagree.

Fair enough, but I'll genuinely disagree with you. I feel we were a real threat and much the better side before Docherty's ridiculous challenge, albeit we didn't manage to make it count.

On your last point I'll agree totally though. We should have seen that game out. By punting the ball out of play at any chance we got. By taking it to the corners. By fouling the lad on the halfway line that led to the penalty. But we didn't. And we were made to pay. We totally capitulated and yes, farcical would be a fair way to describe your comeback.

Archived