Rovers v QoS

I had a pretty good view of the McManus/Robinson situation. McManus basically ran into Robinson and Robinson elbowed him in the ribs. McManus then retaliated by pushing Robinson in the face who threw himself to the deck. All very petty. 

Draw was probably a fair result but make no mistake, both teams were absolutely fooking awful. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we've had dozens of people taking still shots and looking at various angles and still no definitive consensus on whether it was in or not. Very difficult to criticise the officials.
Not shocked to see Queens shitfest their way to another draw. Exactly what happened at EEP.

On the contrary, quite easy to criticise the officials.

40 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

On the contrary, quite easy to criticise the officials.

Indeed. If there is any doubt then I don't see how you can give the goal. If the officials got it right it is down to pure luck.

LOL .
Conclusive angle showing clearly the keeper does deflect it back towards the line after it goes in which is what I said all along. Given he knocks it out the way and it STILL bounces with most of the ball behind the line it pretty clearly must have been in. Good call from the officials.

Ooft. I'd be in the No camp after that. If it's supposed to be in midair it's too fast for me see. It definitely doesn't bounce behind the line though.

58d801a3c7a34_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1490551203.285175.thumb.jpg.5a6651b4bde1ca9eb89e6720f979dceb.jpg

You genuinely think most of the ball is behind the line, genuinely?

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You genuinely think most of the ball is behind the line, genuinely?

Yes. Watch the video or look at the stills posted earlier by Raith fans. The one you've quoted there isn't the ball at its lowest point, it's in the air at the time. It's about 2/3rds over when it bounces and it's clearly been further back before it hits the keeper given it isn't obviously spinning and it's next bounce is about two feet back towards the other side of the line.

Yes. Watch the video or look at the stills posted earlier by Raith fans. The one you've quoted there isn't the ball at its lowest point, it's in the air at the time. It's about 2/3rds over when it bounces and it's clearly been further back before it hits the keeper given it isn't obviously spinning and it's next bounce is about two feet back towards the other side of the line.

:lol:

It doesn't matter if it was in or not( it wasn't), the only thing that matters is that it was somehow given as a goal and you got the draw that you came for. Well Done.

Im sure Robinson tried to clutch his head or insinuate Mcmanus had hit him. Could be wrong though.

It was exactly like Jamie Hamill did to Dougie Hill a few year back in the Scottish cup for Hearts.

Like back then, there was contact.

Like back then, there wasn't enough contact to send him to ground yet he did in hilariously bad technique.

The ref had to blow his whistle for the free kick in which he did. If you were also watching the ref, he told Robinson that he can pack that in.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd love you to show me the still of the ball bouncing 2/3rds over the line, I expect I'll be waiting a while.

On Sun Mar 26 2017 at 09:41, Beachbum said:

Capture 5.PNG

10 minutes ago, outsider said:

I'd love you to show me the still of the ball bouncing 2/3rds over the line, I expect I'll be waiting a while.

Or you could just look back about three pages in the thread. Its on the ground in that one taken from the other side and you can still see the line.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Or you could just look back about three pages in the thread. Its on the ground in that one taken from the other side and you can still see the line.

Your not seriously trying to say that's 2/3rds over the line, it's far from a good clear pic but it looks like it's on the line.

Having just watched the video numerous times with my son and having paused it many times we both agree the ball bounces on the middle of the line and at no time could anyone be certain that it was over the line, poor call by the officials. That said sometimes these calls go for you and sometimes they don't.

Geez, this is still going on. It wasn't over the line. That's two dodgy line decisions that QOS have had in recent weeks. Not long left in the season for whoever it is that does the "evening these things out". If they're required to go against you on the last day, we may still need them.

Now for a bit of, look at that squirrel...

I should have the video tomorrow, of what goes with this shot, if you boys want to see it. Just tell me where you want the link.

DJI_0193(cropped).jpg

16 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Geez, this is still going on. It wasn't over the line. That's two dodgy line decisions that QOS have had in recent weeks. 

DJI_0193(cropped).jpg

What was the other one?

You're surely not suggesting equivalence between the Dobbie goal and the throw in Dunfermline were cruelly denied near the half way line, having to wait instead for another two seconds to get possession, are you?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

What was the other one?

You're surely not suggesting equivalence between the Dobbie goal and the throw in Dunfermline were cruelly denied near the half way line, having to wait instead for another two seconds to get possession, are you?

Yes indeed I am. Just because your players were unable to take advantage of the decision doesn't mean it was any less of a poor one. That event was so bad that the Pars players must surely have thought that the officials had been got at, thereby making them play so poorly for the rest of the game. A turning point if you will.

Queen of the South - Ubi nobis recta est decernere.

Spoiler

Nah. We'd have been shite without that decision.

Sorry, guys, but obviously I've been failing in my duty by not keeping a tally on how many throw-ins we have won or lost and how many of those have been wrongly awarded. While I am at it, I confess I haven't been counting corners either. Tbh the brutal games  I have watched recently have been tough enough without these niceties.

Archived