Arbroath v Montrose

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter crap today. Every high ball up the park was won in the air by Montrose defenders. Thought the manager would have asked the guys to keep the ball on the ground in the second half but obviously didn't. Heard someone wondering if there was a bonus to any player who kicked the ball higher than the floodlights.

Don't know why Hamilton had a go at Gomes after the goal, he was as much to blame. If he had been aware of where Fraser was the goal could have been prevented.

Fleming was mom for me, some fantastic stops. 

31 minutes ago, kenwood65 said:

As poor as we were today we did enough to win the game , yes Sukar is the weak link and needs a spell on the bench , but as usual at home nothing goes our way , Flemings fine permorfance between the sticks , Terry Masson managing to stay on the park for whole game - astonishing , and there goal , i sit in the stand absolutely inline with the guy who recieved the ball  and was at least 2-3 yards offside easily , however the situation should still have been dealt with better , and good to see big Templeman hasnt changed any contact and he is right on his arse , bad day but we will soilder on still in our own hands and if thats the best the mo can do bottom division for evermore

grapes-print.jpg

My first game in ages and a good one to come back.

Fleming has come in from some criticism from our fans this season but he was outstanding today- two fine full length saves, a block on the goal-line and several very important claims. Was fun to see that horrible little Timothy Claypole up front frustrated so visibly, and hooked before the end.

Arbraoth are a typical Dick Campbell team- horrible to watch. For the players they have they should be doing much better. They are clogged up and seemingly terrified of doing anything other than hoof it long down the channels. It was a strangely flat game for the first seventy minutes.

Montrose battled really well and defended resolutely. Was impressed by young McWalter when he came on and a couple of our younger lads look like they might have a good future in the game.

Gary Fraser was playing with lead in his boots but I suppose that's the sign of a good striker- not have a great game but still put the chance away when it comes along, five minutes before the end, to cause a stampede for the exits amongst the home support behind the goal. No better sight as a Montrose fan.

Arbroath :lol:

200_s.gif

Any particular reason why Fleming has been between the sticks in recent weeks?

Millar made a bad blunder when we lost against Annan at home and Fleming been in goal since.

Noticed Matty Allan numbered 7 on the BBC. What position has he been playing? How he been doing?

Been used in a defensive midfield role and then the last two weeks in a back 3. Done very well. Will be be kept on a Dundee?? If not would like us to sign him for next season.

My first game in ages and a good one to come back.
Fleming has come in from some criticism from our fans this season but he was outstanding today- two fine full length saves, a block on the goal-line and several very important claims. Was fun to see that horrible little Timothy Claypole up front frustrated so visibly, and hooked before the end.
Arbraoth are a typical Dick Campbell team- horrible to watch. For the players they have they should be doing much better. They are clogged up and seemingly terrified of doing anything other than hoof it long down the channels. It was a strangely flat game for the first seventy minutes.
Montrose battled really well and defended resolutely. Was impressed by young McWalter when he came on and a couple of our younger lads look like they might have a good future in the game.
Gary Fraser was playing with lead in his boots but I suppose that's the sign of a good striker- not have a great game but still put the chance away when it comes along, five minutes before the end, to cause a stampede for the exits amongst the home support behind the goal. No better sight as a Montrose fan.
Arbroath :lol:
200_s.gif

We've been great to watch in many games.

Usually shite to watch at Gayfield funnily enough.

Just judge us on the one game though.

Been used in a defensive midfield role and then the last two weeks in a back 3. Done very well. Will be be kept on a Dundee?? If not would like us to sign him for next season.

It's a tough call because I think he's quite liked but his injury has set him back and if we retained him, he's not of development age and he may not be viewed as being near a break through so he may just get cut loose to make space for others.

My instinct is that he could maybe have a career in the top two divisions so I'm personally hoping we give him more time. Think defensive mid is well suited for him so I'm interested to see how he does with a run there. His height does work against him.

i sit in the stand absolutely inline with the guy who recieved the ball  and was at least 2-3 yards offside easily

I was on the sea-side with an ex workmate (also an ex-ref) who was on a Hertfordshire refs trip up North. We were in line too. Not one of them thought it was offside - they all blamed Sukar for letting the cross come over. None of them blamed Ricky either.

Shit happens :(

wish cammy all the best. Also well done to my mate keez. Hope Arbroath end up going up but it's gonna be a struggle. Shite scrappy game where for once we managed to scramble towards 3 points. Next season for a change will hopefully be our chance but will just take it as it comes. All the best Arbroath.

the blame today falls at dc door man of the match last week was hodge and where was he playing yup left back. so today he changes it and brings back that total bombscare suker WTF does campbell see in him the guy is total crap .also what must malin think being put on the bench and watching that total waste of space suker getting a start in front of him

Archived